Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lilly111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Lack of appetite
    My 8 year old daughter is getting over strep throat but will not eat is this normal?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 05:34 PM

Offer her foods like Jello, puddings, applesauce, yogurt, lots of liquids. I'm betting her throat is pretty sore. After I had my tonsils out, I couldn't eat ice cream but pigged out on hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Avoid "sharp" things like crackers and spicy things with tomato in them.

Ask her what might feel good on her throat. Cold? Warm? Liquids are the most important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has lost his appetite, is losing weight, is constipated and excessively thirsty. What's wrong with him?

No appetite [ 3 Answers ]

Earlier this week I posted a concern I had about my stomach bug. I seem to be getting better but I still get nauseated. I got sick on Monday and haven't been able to eat a full meal since. I eat tid bits here and there but that's it. My stomach growls all the time but when I think of any good...

Dog with lack of appetite [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My dog is 14 years old.. at the moment she has heart problems, we've been giving her medication to help her breathing it has work pretty much, but the problem now is she has no appetite.. very little food eating, but a lot of water drinking.. what should I do about this?

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Appetite Suppresants [ 1 Answers ]

Which over the counter appetite (diet pill) suppresants are safe, and really work?

View more questions Search