Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leobeak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 08:44 AM
    Installing a remote receiver in a ceiling fan
    I am trying to install a Hampton Bay receiver in an existing ceiling fan, model unknown. I have three wires coming out of the ceiling: black, white and red. These are connected to the fan wires: black to black, white to white and red to blue. The receiver only has two input wires: black and white. The instructions for the receiver are to connect the blue fan wire to the blue wire in the receiver, which is for the light. I tried connecting the black and white wires as instructed and left the red to blue connection intact... nothing happened. Neither the fan nor the light worked off the wall switch. Any body have any suggestions?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 01:24 PM
    The receiver should have two "input" wires, and three "output" wires. Connect the three "output" wires to the three wires from the fan, they should match in color. Connect the white "input" wire to the white wire from the ceiling. Connect the black "input" wire to EITHER the red or black wire from the ceiling, depending on how you want the fan switched. Connect all ground wires together.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Installing fan and light switch for ceiling fan [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to install a switch that controls both the ceiling fan with 3 speeds and a dimmer switch all in one unit for a hunter ceiling fan. At the wall switch there is a black wire which is always hot, a red and a ground. At the ceiling, where I removed a light fixture, there is a black, red,...

Help with installing a ceiling fan with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton bay northport lll 52 " ceiling fan. It has a remote control with it, I have no clue where the wires go to install the receiver. It has a white, black, and blue wire on the output side A white, and red wire ont the input side? Can anyone help me with this... Thank you...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Need help installing ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

Have a hampton bay fan w/ One white wire-neutral One blue- lamp One black- fan In junction box have 2 capped blacks 2 single whites

View more questions Search