Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Birk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Treatment for pulled Quad muscle
    I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I maybe do some walking today, or light jogging and see what happens? Thanks.. And any help would be great! Birk
    tburick34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Birk
    I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, i am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and i know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything i can do to prepare my leg for when i run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should i maybe do some walking today, or light jogging and see what happens? Thanks.. And any help would be great!! Birk
    Birk,

I know your going to hate to hear this, but "rest" is going to be the only thing that heals this injury as with any pulled or strained muscle.

You can do moist heat compresses to help and of course taping it and using sore muscle cream (I.e. bengay, etc.) will provide some relief.

However for this injury to heal without re-injuring it, rest will be the best.
    sftbll14 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 07:44 PM
    I did the same thing playing softball too at the beginning of my high school season this year. Fortuantely I didn't have to miss any games because they got rained out that week, but my schools athletic trainer gave me a view excercises that I could do that really helped a lot. Things like lying on the floor and doing leg lifts ( doing them on your back, stomach, and side) are going to help strengthen your muscle again. And yes, you do have to get a lot of rest so don't do any unnecessary running or walking if you can. My injury happened around February and when I stretch that leg its still really tight and yours might do the same so don't try and over stretch it too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quad Muscle Pull [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled my quad playing softball 2 weeks ago, I am playing my next game on Sunday, it is still a bit sore, and I know running might cause the strain again, but is there anything I can do to prepare my leg for when I run? Someone told me to tape it up? I tried stretching it and it hurt, should I...

Chain pulled out! Nowhere to turn! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and it has two chains, one for fan speeds and one for the light. I have a switch on the wall that enables me to turn both on or off and the chains allow me to switch them individually. I just left the room after a conversation and pulled the light chain and...

View more questions Search