Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mustangbabej0 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2004, 08:22 PM
    Security patch ?
    What is a security patch and what is a patch manager? :)
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 15, 2004, 04:51 AM
    A patch (in computer talk) is a correction for a program. Corrections usually are written to fix bugs in the program. Another type of patches is meant to immunize the computer for virus/trojan attacks. These patches are called "security" patches (they "close" "open" doors, through which a virus/trojan could infect your computer).
    A patch manager is a program that automizes the updating of the computer to the latest patch level, including searching, downloading and installing patches.
    It is a good idea to install at least all available "security" patches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rocky patch after 11 years [ 31 Answers ]

I am in a mess, and need some advice. My wife and I have been together for 11 years. She recently told me she does not have "those" feelings for me anymore. I was shocked and heartbroke. She claims I was the perfect husband and father and it has nothing to do with me and that she is not seeing...

Orgianal cabbage patch dolls [ 6 Answers ]

My dad has a large collection of cabbage patch dolls he would now like to sell. Anyone have any contacts or ideas of how to sell any or all of them?

Safe to patch with electrical tape? [ 2 Answers ]

We had a mouse underneath our kitchen sink who ate through one side of the wire from the dishwasher power line. The wire is exposed, but again just one of them. I've unplugged the dishwasher for now. To pull out the dishwasher and replace the whole power line would be a big undertaking. Is it...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

Security [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new version of Norton's Internet Security. Now a box will pop up asking me if I want to allow certain sites. How can I make an informed decision when it just says hcm.exe. I do not know what program this would allow to execute. Can you tell me what hcm.exe is and how I can find...

View more questions Search