Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clellard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Audition songs for 'Oliver!'
    My son is auditioning for the part of 'Oliver'. He needs to have 2 songs prepared to sing. I have pasted a part of the audition details to the end of this question.

I am thinking of 'Circle of Life' and 'Under the Sea'. Do you think these are good choices based on what they say they are looking for or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Deborah

STAGE 1

We will present all candidates with a short section of a set piece to sing. This will be provided on the day.

STAGE 2

If you are selected to go through to Stage 2 you will need to have prepared 2 SONGS of your choice to perform during your audition.

We want to hear two VARIED song types so we can truly see the potential of your voice.

At this stage we are looking for variety and personality, choose songs you like singing on the way to school or when listening to the radio. Your song choices are entirely up to you!

Please note that you will only be asked to perform a short section of your chosen song. Try and learn a VERSE AND A CHORUS of your chosen pieces.

YOUR AUDITION SONGS WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY MUSIC AND/OR MUSICIANS.

DO NOT BRING BACKING TRACKS OR SHEET MUSIC![/B]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 04:11 AM
    I think that "Under the Sea" would be a good choice. I am having trouble remembering how "Circle of Life" sounds. How about choosing one of the songs from "Oliver?" I don't see in the instructions that you have posted where you can't do that.

I would suggest two songs, one of them having at least a good representation of the high and low range that he can sing and also one that has a lot of feeling possible in it.

How old is your son?
    clellard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Thanks for your response. My son is 10.
    I was trying to stay away from 'Oliver!' songs as I feel certain that he will be given an 'Oliver!' song to sing in the first stage of the audition.
    The Circle of Life is from 'Lion King'.
    This audition is being done in London by the BBC. They are doing a reality TV series called 'I'd Do Anything' where they are looking ultimately for 3 boys to star in 'Oliver!' in a West End production.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clique Movie Audition. Am I good enough [ 4 Answers ]

So ever since I was little I've wanted to act. I really have never pursued this dream that much Since then being 16 now and only being in school plays and being in endless drama summer camps. Each one never getting a huge part but a supporting role. Now there's auditions for the Clique movie,...

I am trying to download Audition from Nexon. But something is wrong! [ 3 Answers ]

Its just not downloading. Its setup thingy is like 100% but it has a hourglass (the cursor) on it for like 5 minutes... wat do I do?:mad:

Orchestral audition CD'S [ 1 Answers ]

I want to audition classical pieces on a CD and be able to erase and re record when necessary. What type of blank CD should I buy?

Oliver Reed movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I really need any help you can give. Im trying to look for a film with Oliver Read in it and to be honest I can't remember much of the story line! All I can remember is- I think it was a similar story line to Straw Dogs. This has been bugging me for ages and I'm so glad I have found this...

View more questions Search