Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCook922 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Site for teaching IT beginners
    Hey all,

I just got a job working at a managed services IT company, I'm mostly answering phones and creating tickets, and doing occasional troubleshooting on things that I know. I'm trying to find a resource I can use to "study up" for more practical problems and frequent issues that come up while working tech support. I'm lucky that I got into this job, but I feel behind the power curve and I want to try and stack the deck in my favor where learning is concerned as much as possible. Thanks guys!
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2012, 12:49 AM
    Find a mentor in your company more effective
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2012, 01:09 AM
    This is well worth a look, free as well: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Online training sites like: lynda.com are normally worth a look. Having a look on sites like this one & trying to answer a few questions is also a good way to learn! Most of the people answering questions on here have learn simply by trying to help others & learning from trying to solve their problems.

Finally, why not ask you boss if he has recommendations. You've got the job so they obviously value your current skill set, so there's no need to worry about it. No boss would mind their employee coming up to them and saying "I want to be better at my job". You never know - they might pay for some training.

*Edit* Please ignore anything in my signature below. It's been years since I last answered a question (sorry guys!) and it's a little out of date to say the least :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magyar for beginners. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for some good references on Magyar. My family is Hungarian and I've been learning what I can of it. My grandfather grew up in a time when speaking foreign languages was highly discouraged and so never taught his sons. Any ideas or advice anyone can offer would be most welcome.:)

What's the best Photo Editing for beginners? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been playing around with photo editing for a while. I have pretty well leard Adobe Photoshop Home Edition 4 , but I am finding out I need a little bit more. I tried Ulead Photo impact 10 , but I could not understand it at all. Does anyone have a decent progam I could try? Thanks...

Accounting for beginners [ 1 Answers ]

How are the nominal accounts closed to revenue and expense summary account?? :confused:

Computers for beginners [ 10 Answers ]

Why can I receive email but not be able to send, is this an isolated problem or permanent one+what tne heck is the mail daemon? Is my email possesed?

A beginners question [ 1 Answers ]

Would I be correct in assuming that you post the totals from the journals to the general ledgers at the end of each accounting cycle. For example if your accounting period was from the 20th of each month to the next.. you would add all your journal entries and post to ledgers then ?

View more questions Search