Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squinonez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2005, 10:28 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling fan light kit...
    I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan installed and accidentally purchased one without a light in it. I need a light in the room that it is installed, but am having trouble as to which wires the light kit goes to. I opened the ceiling fan and it has a 6 or 8 pin connector, but not any loose wires to connect a light kit. I am wondering if the light kit needs to have the same connector on it to just snap right in? Please help. Thanks.
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2005, 07:07 PM
    Lowe's or Homedepot ( I don't remember which sells that brand) should carry lightkits with the same connector. If not the connector could be clipped of and wire nuts used to connect the white and colored wires. The whites are neutral and always go together. The hot wire could be any color other that white or green but most likely is black or blue.

Like I said before home depot (and lowes) stock light kits that should snap right in. If you do decide to omit the connectore be aware you may void any warranty and should only do so with the power to that circuit off.
    squinonez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 07:37 PM
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the info!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 10:15 PM
    Actually, the connector is used to hook up the fan switches and other electronics. There should be a blue and white wire or a black and a white wire tied off for the light kit. What model fan do you have?

For more information about ceiling fan wiring:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php
    1935mother Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
    I have a 44" Hawkins flush mount ceiling fan in my kitchen and it has 3 chandelier 40 watt bulbs and it is not bright at all. Can I replace the lite kit with something brighter?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 12:03 AM

You can try replacing the sockets with medium base, and/or use CFLs.
    hayneseeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 12:03 PM

I have a fancy Hampton Bay fan w/light kit about 3 years old and the glass globe broke. Can I send a picture to get a match?How do I get a replacement.I checked the Home Depot store and they suggest I contact you direct.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 07:03 PM

Contact the manufacturer, their number is in our sticky.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Light Comes On By Itself [ 15 Answers ]

Just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with the remote control for the fan and the light. Old house and I it's my first time installing a fan. Pretty proud and works pretty well. O.K. just a little wobble. After a while of operation, the light comes on without anyone touching the remote. ...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans w/ light kit [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan which recently we heard "pop" rather loudly. There was no smoke or odor, just the "pop". The ceiling fan itself still runs. The light kit though will not turn on. I have already changed out light bulbs that I know work, to no avail. Anyone know if the "box" which is inside...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan light [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement bulb for a ceiling fan I purchased at Home Depot a (hampton bay). The bulb is a mini spiral fluorescent with the writing on the side being--PLS13 Warm White, it has 4 pins. And is the push in type. Thanks

Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light [ 3 Answers ]

I had to take the fan/light down and in doing so don't remember wiring senario that makes the wall switch work the light portion. There are 4 wires coming down from the ceiling of which 2 are still connected. The wiring for the light is still in tact and marked, neutral, light etc. What wires do I...

View more questions Search