Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karlkunik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Square footage rates for strip & wax tile floors
    What is the current going rate in the commercial cleaning industry for quoting square footage for striping and waxing VCT tile.
    karlkunik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karlkunik View Post
    What is the current going rate in the commercial cleaning industry for quoting square footage for striping and waxing VCT tile.
    please reply
    tullumakisitus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 05:22 PM

Wath is the current going rate in the commercial cleaning industry for quoting square footage for striping and waxing VCT tile
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 12, 2009, 06:26 PM

It depends on a lot of things;

How much wax is already down.

Is it yellowing.

How large an area.

How many coats you intend to put down.

The going competitive price in your area.

For an area of around 1,000 to 4,000 sq ft we charge about $0.18 per sq ft if it is a typical VCT floor.

Pricing is always your decision, this is a suggestion only.

Stringer
    bazic52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 10:20 PM
    please reply
    Square footage rates for strip and wax tile floors
    Business Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bazic52 View Post
    square footage rates for strip and wax tile floors
    Hi Bazic,

The rules of this site state that you must start you own thread with any questions that you have so your question will get the proper response/s, You are to only respond to this OP's question on their thread.

Go to the home page of this site and click "Ask" then pick a category in "business" and then "ask about" to ask you own question and I will be happy to answer as best I can.

Stringer
    darrenb42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 05:47 PM
    $8.00 a square foot
    Business Expert

Mar 26, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenb42 View Post
    $8.00 a square foot
    Wow! If that were the case then I could have retired years ago. To strip and refininsh with 4 coats of UL approved finish; $0.25 sq ft.

Stringer
    CSI Amanda Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Stinger I did a job of 13,882 sq. feet I charged 2.00 a sq. foot because we had to go out to the pumps turn the water on then haul it back and forth in our car from the hose to the building. Also working around contractors one walked on the floor. I had to do a redo. They kept leaving doors open so I had to clean it and the glue off from the contractors. I did all the baseboard before and after. We are in Odessa Texas and the ecnomey is very high here. Rent for a 4 bedroom is 4,000.00 Gas is 3. 49 at the time. We had to start going in at 11:00 at night still working around alarm guys. Having to move toilets that were not in place yet plus other supplies. We went through 12 gal of wax each box here before tax is 200.00 not includeding mop heads labor wear and tare on michanes running (2) plus pads. Prepaing the floor. Having to find electricians to turn certain outlets on. Then have to prepare the floor again after everyone was on it the next day to do the job again because more crap is on it. Then had to come back at the end to remop it and clean it to turn it over to the new customers. The contractor did not protect it paper the entire time! I feel it is a resonable price for the area were in. Can I get your thoughts on this. Thanks Amanda C.S.I
    Business Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 09:34 PM
    What a nightmare Amanda.

First I believe that your timing was off, we make sure that all our clients know that we can only do the stripping and refinishing after the other contractors are finished. As with any of this type work you want to do a great job but get it done and get out, go backs are additional charges hon.

You are charging $0.166 per square foot way too low. To strip and wax 2,000 sq ft and up we do $0.27 sq ft.

And please remember to start a new thread next time OK :)

Stringer

Dec 16, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Stinger I totally agree with you on the timeing but was not my choice, he said I would have to get over it with the guys walking on it. I said that's fine after the wax drys. I gave him my scope at cleaning .20 sq ft and windows a seprate rate/ Also the wax at 2.00 because we had 3 different buildings we were doing and all had to be done at one time. With 2 floor buffers going at once in the bigger bld. He turned around did not like the price and bundled it all into one price of .26 sq ft. Who does he think he is to bundle and decied what he is going to pay? That is why I asked if the 2.00 was too much for everything we went through that I wrote above?
    My deadline was also the same time as the other contractors and we must have cleaned that place 3 xs and I did not complain and did it for the customers sake not his I was not going to put my name on it turning it over to them.
    Your thoughts and suggestions?
    Business Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Sorry to say this Amanda but you should have walked away, you had a no win situation hon.

Most contractors are not like this however if you let them push you some they will push more for sure. It's a different world with some of them. I suppose that this was a lesson well learned. Now I hope that he pays you on time, some stretch it out.

Again, I know that you want business and I took some crap jobs in the beginning (twenty years ago) but I learned which were good jobs. And I understand about your reputation that IS important.

Take this as a lesson and move on, good luck. If I can help start a new thread.

Stringer

Dec 17, 2012, 01:04 AM
    Stinger one more question should I take him to court for changing my invoice pay? Dou you think I have a leg to stand on?
    Business Expert

Dec 17, 2012, 08:23 AM
    No, I wouldn't bother it would be a lose of time and $$$$$.

Just remember the lesson and remember him, I wouldn't do business with him again.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Square Footage measurement. [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to get the correct square footage of living space for a home? What measurements should I take to compile this number? And what areas do not come into consideration? Thanks. Dave.

Square footage [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house. It was just what we wanted and our realtor assisted in finding it and successfully negotiated the deal. We had the house inspected and the mortgage company is fine with everything. The house is on MLS as 2000 square feet but in fact is about 1800. We don't really care as the...

Laying new tile floors left mess on my wood floors [ 1 Answers ]

I had my wood floors removed from my kitchen and new tile laid. Unfortunately, there is mastic residue on the wood floors remaining in my family room. They are Bruce hardwoods a about 12 years old. How can I clean them?

Square footage [ 6 Answers ]

How do I calculate the square footage of a room

Square Footage [ 4 Answers ]

Hoe do I correctly determin the square footage of a property?

View more questions Search