Feb 6, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Cpu usage
    Hello all,

I've been having a problem with my Acer laptop, model Travelmate 2310
    I have noticed when I open media player or flash games they work normally
    But when I run tnem in full screen mode, the window run very slowly and
    The quality becomes very low and become very irritating. I have already
    Formtted the disk, and have also removed my battrey. The task manager
    Shows 100% cpu consumption. What is problem with laptop, I can not understand.
    I have very limited number of programs. I have already used antivirus programs,
    Spyware programs, spybot, registry programs, but nothing have corrected my 100%
    Cpu problem. Many programs just refuse to open when I double click on them. This
    Includes Adobe Acrobat Reader, which I have already installed, as well as among
    Others. When I do double click on them, nothing happens, but when I check
    On Windows Task Manager, the program I am trying to open is listed under
    'processes' and usually takes up 85-100% of the CPU power, and stays that way
    For a LONG time.

Also, things like MSN Messenger go through the same process when
    I am trying to use them (maybe after 5minutes of use, or for example
    When someone tries to send a file transfer my way): their window goes
    White, the CPU usage rockets up to 100%, and the only way I can get my
    Computer back is by closing that process through Windows Task Manager.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, please write me back
    Either here or mail at my gmail

Intel celeron m 360- 1.4GHz
    40GB HDD
    256 DDR ram
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 08:45 AM

Hi,
    Just a guess that I make because I run machines with even less, but I would guess that it is a RAM problem (too little) and the CPU spends its time swapping files on and off the HD.
    Flash does not run full screen well on anything but very large memory machines.
    I use machines that are intentionally restricted on resources to test websites (especially Flash) so I may have it right.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

100% CPU usage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with AOL.exe and System Idle Process in the Task Manager working intermittenly causing the CPU usage to stay at 100% for quite a long time locking up the computer. I have a register booster program, and a spy/malware detection program that does nothing to stop this problem. What...

The CPU Usage is 100% [ 2 Answers ]

I am using P-IV 2.8 GHZ processor and Intel 945 series motherboard. When I am using DOS application my CPU Usage goes to 100%. There is no virus and no warm in my system. Please tell me the possible solutions to follow.

CPU Usage? [ 2 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP, my ram is 1GB, my CPU usage has just now spiked to 100% and seems to stay there. I have just ran a anti spy ware and removed spyware found. But my CPU is still running at 100%. I have noticed in the Windows Task Manager under process running I have approximately many...

Cpu usage [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have recently gotten a new computer.. it was about about 2 months ago actually And everything with it has been perfect,but this morning it just got slower... I don't mean internet speed just like.. opening prgrams or installing things slower... I opened the task manager and its using...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

View more questions Search