Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janna W Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Putting a lien on family
    My mother took a $35,000.00 loan out for my brother in law to start a business, with the verbal intent on repaying the loan. He lost the business and stuck my Mother with this loan. My sister is filing for divorce from him. She wants to repay the loan but recently filed bankruptcy. She wants to sell the house they live in to repay my mother. Can my Mom put a lien on the house to get repaid? :mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2008, 12:44 PM
    She would have to sue HIM and obtain a judgement, then they could put a lien on the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting a lien on a financed automobile [ 2 Answers ]

My mother had a account with Bank of America they closed it she has an automobile that she making payments on can they come and seize her automobile after 6 years and the debt is 4 years old will they come and take her automobile from her then?

Can I lien a CA property held by a Family Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a beneficiary to my deceased mother's trust. My brothers feel they have paid me in full for my interests in the remainder of the trust's assets, which includes a half section of property in CA. They have told me that I will have to sue the Trust if I am planning to get any further...

Putting a Lien on a property [ 3 Answers ]

As a property manager, what is the process of putting a lien on a condominium that has an owner not paying his maintenance fees?

NJ putting a lien on a property ? Maybe ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, a few years ago my mother passed away and she had no will and I am an only child. My mother and grandmother owned a condo jointly. I went to NJ probabte court and got papers saying I was ex. Of my mother's estate. Also with my mothers insurance money I had paid off a loan that was on the condo....

Putting a lien on someone's cars [ 2 Answers ]

I just went to court and won a judgement how do I put a lien on someone's cars

View more questions Search