Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ltinajero Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 03:08 PM
    S Corporation Loan Guarantor
    If I am considering taking out a loan for an S Corporation that will be under my name (I will be the guarantor of the loan) but will eventually be transferred to the corporation can this be done without any legal consequences in the event of loan default? The thing is that I have never been a part of the corporation before, its my friend's business and he is experiencing some financial difficulty so he will like to take out a loan (with me as a guarantor since I have perfect credit) of about $300,000 to invest in the business and have the corporation's Assets as backup (the corporation has well over $1,000,000 in assets) The idea is to take the loan out under my name and in about three months have it transferred solely to the corporation and remove myself as a guarantor of the debt. The question is if doing this is possible and if he was to default in the loan will my credit score be affected in any way? Basically will I be liable in for the debt after it is transferred to the S corporation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Yes, in fact you can't really transfer it, unless the lender allows it. You can give them the money, you can co-sign for the money and so on.
    If you are the guarantor of the loan you will owe the money if they don't pay.
    ltinajero Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 03:23 PM
    So it basically depends on the lender, if the lender allows this there would be no legal consequences to me if any future default occurs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a 401 K loan or Home Equity loan [ 4 Answers ]

I owe about $ 25,000 on various credit cards with interest ranging from 17 % to 30 %. I am barely able to make the minimum payments. In addition, I owe $14,000 ($ 500 a month) on the car with 7 % and 3 years to go. Because I have bad credit, I was able to get one bank to offer me a Home Equity...

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

Adult medical guarantor [ 16 Answers ]

Anybody, In an Emergency Room setting, must the adult patient sign the admission form to become the guarantor for services rendered, or can he or she become guarantor simply by his or her presence. Richl

View more questions Search