Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bash32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Someone has hacked my email address book and is sending spam email to addresses in
    Someone has hacked into my email address book and is sending spam to addresses from my book. How can I stop this?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bash32 View Post
    How can I stop this?
    Probably can't, suggest doing the following anyway:
    1. Scan your machine for infection using Malwarebytes Antimalware and TrendMicro's Housecall online scanner. Remove all found infections. If a large number of infections are found, backup your data, wipe the hard drive, reinstall the operating system, and restore your data.
    2. Change the password on your mail account. Use a strong password - see Microsoft Password Checker.
    3. Purchase and install security suite software - Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec, etc. and then keep the signatures up-to-date.
    4. If using Windows, configure Automatic Updates to run automatically or visit Windows Update manually after the second Tuesday of each month to install security updates to Windows.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2010, 05:46 PM

You get a virus in your machine that sends it out, not really hacked, time to do many of the above or to take it to a professional

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my email and address book [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Sirs, Someone hacked my e mail address and changed my password, and that person is saying really disgusting things to people under my name and Iw'd really like to know if there is someone who can help me to get my password back. I was checking if there is any way to retrieve my address...

My Ex Hacked into my email Account and changed the password and alternet email address [ 1 Answers ]

My email that was broken into was [email protected] and the alternet email address was [email protected]. My password and alternet email address was changed I think he might of even closed the account I have a lot of important contacts on that account it there any way you can reset the password...

My Ex Hacked into my email Account and changed the password and alternet email address [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way you can reopen my account and reset my password for [email protected]

View more questions Search