Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indytchn0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Access denied to file I am owner of and have full permissions?
    I get Access denied to a file on NTFS partition.

- I am logged in as a Administrator.
    - Administrator have full access.
    - System has a full access.
    - Audit shows that full access is granted.

Any ideas of what am I missing?
    tbakry Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 06:17 PM
    I think you will find that you need to take ownership and grant yourself explicit rights.

Cheers,

Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP - File Permissions [ 1 Answers ]

So, the other day I finally got bored with "simple file sharing" in windows XP and disabled it so I could actually set permissions on files. My intentions where to disable the guest account from accessing my development folders with all my source code and stuff... I accidentally selected the wrong...

Cannot delete a file: Access Denied [ 2 Answers ]

When I am trying to delete a pdf file I am getting a message as " Cannot delete the file : Access denied " Make sure the disk is not write protected.

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner... access denied?? [ 11 Answers ]

Cripes, good grief and Shazam! I border on the obsessed with my internet security. I have Norton and do a fully system scan regularly every week. Then about two weeks ago, noted that Norton was having some sort of problem. I called and got help getting it uninstalled and immediately...

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

File permissions [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, Help! I have a MS Word document uploade to an e-mail folder for 'safe' keeping a while ago. Now downloaded on to desktop and or floppy, I am unable to open it with the following suggestions being offered by the computer: >The document name or path is not valid. >Try these...

View more questions Search