Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewhen58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Sealing driveway pavers
    Had new pavers installed wish to seal them wondering before sealing how strong of a muric acid wash should I clean them with like maybe 20 to 1 ratio. Have cobble stone affect with limestone white marks on some of them whick would like to rid off if I can. Live in northern Florida
    FC3119 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhen58
    had new pavers installed wish to seal them wondering before sealing how strong of a muric acid wash should i clean them with like maybe 20 to 1 ratio. have cobble stone affect with limestone white marks on some of them whick would like to rid off if i can. live in northern florida
    Never apply any type of sealer in new installation, wait about 60 days before applying sealer because one has to let the efflorescence (which is the whitish, old stain you see on pavers after a while) accumulate in order for you to seal. If applied prior to 60 days, efflorescence will gather and be caught under the sealer formed barrier and would have to be stripped. Make sure you remove all stains before sealling and wait about 24 hrs for pavers to dry completely in order for sealing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealing and cleaning brick pavers [ 1 Answers ]

We are about to seal our 1 year old driveway. What type of cleaner should be used? We have some asphalt on a few of our bricks after they did the roadway. How can we remove this? We also have the usual tire tracks, few grease stains, and a couple of tiny iron stains, any suggestions on...

Sealing driveway brick pavers [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how to seal driveay brick pavers and which sealer product worked well for you? Thanks, Dan

Sealing paved driveway [ 2 Answers ]

Have just sealed my driveway and while I was sealing it the wind blew lots of sand onto it. Now I have sand stuck/sealed onto my driveway. How can I get this off?

Cracking Pavers [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a brick paver walkway and the prep is 10" of compacted 3/4" gravel compacted every 3" and then I take two 1-1/4" pipes for level and level the stone dust lay the pavers and then use the compactor over that and the pavers I bought from Lowe's are cracking as I vibrate them down. ...

View more questions Search