Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vseier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2019, 06:49 AM
    We have black sludge looking sediment in our hoses coming from furnace, (humidifier)w
    We have black sludge in our clear hoses coming out of furnace (humidifier system) is this safe, what do we do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2019, 03:04 PM
    It is dirt, sediment build up (and sounds serious) it can back up and damage your unit. You need to have it cleaned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black sludge in basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a newer home (7 year old.) We just discovered probably a gallon or two's worth of water and black slimy sludge in our utility room. It seems to be centered around our floor drain, but it is kind of hard to tell. It does not smell bad per se - maybe a little greasy or medal-y. We are at...

Black sludge in pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, my bathroom sink stopped draining. Seeing as I am a Do-It-Yourself kind of girl I plunged it and the clear water became gray. The water did start draining very slowly so I let it drain completely. I left the fluffy looking gray sediment in the sink. When I touched it it was kind of...

Humidifier attached to furnace,water still coming out when air cond is on why [ 1 Answers ]

I have small humidiifier attached to furnace, I always turn it off to put the air conditioner on, however, I have to air on now, but the water is still coming through the humidifier into the sink, which it normally does in the winter months, what would the problem be. And thanks

Goodman humidifier My humidifier blow motor does not come on when the furnace is runn [ 2 Answers ]

My humidifier does not come on when the blow motor kicks in Instead the humidistat energizes the cellenoid and it stays on. Should not the blower motor turn the cellenoid on?

Black sludge clogging up plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I am desperate for answers as my son and I have tried everything. Both our bathtub and now our bathroom sink are draining extremely slowly. Last night in desperation my son and I opened up the pipes underneath the drain in the bathroom sink only to discover that there was thick black sludge in the...

View more questions Search