Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    This2willpass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 02:07 PM
    Mother leaving Texas with baby pre-divorce
    Hi my cousin is in a sticky situation. Her Husband was stationed in El Paso, Texas and they had a baby girl however, things were not working out. Along with many other issues he ended up having a major drinking problem, takes pills for anxiety/hearing voices, and about two months ago mentioned he was feeling suicidal. She moved back to California a earlier this year but recently went back to Texas to try and work things out with counseling, etc. Now she knows its not working out and he has become verbally aggressive with the fact that she wants to leave so what are her rights as far as leaving back to California with their daughter and what would be the ideal steps with filing for divorce. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 02:27 PM
    It's not clear what you need to know.

She can, of course, file for divorce. Exclusive jurisdiction to decide child custody (which would be part of any divorce) would be in Texas, for six months after she takes the baby to another state, anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre paid legal service in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon on parole be licenced to sell pre paid legal services in Texas

Leaving the country while on federal probation in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is once five years federal probation. He wants to leave and go africa with his other family. Will he be able to do this once probation for assault with a deadly weapon.

Unmarried mother leaving state with baby? [ 15 Answers ]

My baby's mother left with my 3 week old baby. She was living with me and my family and one day she just up and left. Now 2 yrs later I get a paper in the mail that I have to pay support. I was never served with court just a paper that says I have to pay so much. We were living in Indiana now she...

Leaving State Texas with Child [ 4 Answers ]

My stepdaughter left the state of Texas with my grandson. She is married but they've been separated for awhile now. There is no custody agreement in place nor is there a divorce. Neither parent has filed for divorce. She got fed up and moved to Oklahoma. Can she do this or is this considered a...

Laws on leaving Texas with my 10 month old baby [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are thinking of getting a divorce. We live in Texas ( I have been there for a year and a half), but I am originally from California. I want to know what the laws are regarding moving to California with my son. If I am allowed to do this or not.

View more questions Search