Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navyvet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 10:59 AM
    No cool air when a/c is turned on
    My A/C unit is not blowing any cold air at all. I have a dual a/c and heat unit. The fan in the furnace and the fan at the a/c unit is working but the compressor is not kicking on. All wiring seems to be fine. Is there a way to check the freon level? Or what do you think?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:02 AM
    If the compressor is not even turning on, I doubt that freon is the reason.

Could be a problem as well, but not causing no compressor.

Check all your breakers or fuses, check to see if you have a reset button for the AC unit.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 11:10 AM
    They are a little hard to get to,but did you dig deep and pull the little black cover off the side of the compressor,(kill the power first) and make sure any of the 3 mires are not burned into usually right on the very end where the clip makes connection on compressor post,, seem to be happening a lot to me this year
    cramerfunk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Could be any number of things.

The easiest thing is look for a high pressre switch with a manual reset button.

Is the compressor hot, if you reset the unit will the compressor run for 1 or 2 seconds then shut off, or does it run for 10 to 20 seconds before shutting off.

If the compressor doesn't run at all but the condenser fan runs, you could check the compressors capacitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

Cool air [ 1 Answers ]

When should I put add coolant to my centralA/c unit and is there a way to do it myself?

Not cool [ 1 Answers ]

If I am issued an out-of-county warrant while I'm in Federal custody then post bail what would be the out come sine you have to be cleared for warrents to post bail

'cause I'm cool! [ 5 Answers ]

Why do teenagers say 'cause all the time? " Cause it's this.", 'cause I'm cool"

HELP, it's not cool in here [ 1 Answers ]

Woke this morning to a half way cool home. Heard the central air conditioner shut off and all of a sudden I hear this clanging noise from the furnace. HELP:eek:

View more questions Search