Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pandoras_Pain Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2008, 04:15 PM
    1999 Ford Taurus
    I just bought a 1999 Ford Taurus, and when I start the car up the low coolant light comes on. I looked at the coolant reservoir and it is full. So we drove the car home, which was less then 2 miles, and the car ran fine, just this light stayed on. And the Temp of the car didn't start to warm up till we got in the driveway. What could the problem be, and how could I fix this. Also is it possible to replace the left rocker panel, which would be on the drivers side, cause its gone on the back door. Any info would help. Thank You.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Disconnect the connector to the low coolant sensor, which is located on the bottom of the reservoir. This is a common problem with Tauruses. New degassers cost around $45.

Mar 5, 2008, 07:19 PM
    So is this the coolant sensor?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Low coolant level sensor.

Mar 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Ok, I will see if this helps the prob. Also Is it possible to replace a rocker panel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 ford taurus won't shift into gear [ 8 Answers ]

The car will not go into gear, the auto shift lever feels different and has no resistance. It is my nephews car and I have not seen it so I am using his info. Does the car have mechanical linkage to trany or is it electric? Is it possibly just an electrical problem or do we have a smoked...

1999 Ford Taurus, Water Damage.Engine Blowed? [ 7 Answers ]

My friend had a 1999 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 that she said was blown up because her sister drove it through a low water crossing and got water on the motor and it is making a loud knocking/popping sound. I was like you need to have it checked, doesn't seem right. So, a few months later she tells me...

1999 Ford Taurus [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus V6 Vulcan, and I just installed a car stereo or car deck and when I flip the ignition backwards or key the car stereo does not turn on and I would like to know what's going on, its not any fuses cause I looked at them. Can anyone help me out here thanks. THanks

1999 Ford Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

Vehicle intermittently down shifts (feels like Torque converter clutch disengageing) At highway speeds. Transmission was replaced issue still remains. FORD/Mecury dealers seem lost. Any Ideas No trouble codes. Thank you

1999 Taurus Transmission Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for some help dealing with a 1999 Taurus LX Flex Fuel. In slow/bumper to bumper traffic, or at any slow cruise, such as looking for a parking spot, the transmission jerks between gears, as if it is looking for the gear it needs to be in. Seems to be shifting between 1st and 2nd gear....

View more questions Search