Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Captain Outrageous Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2005, 09:38 AM
    E flat bass music
    Does anyone know what key E-flat bass (or E-flat tuba) music is written in? Is it in E-flat or concert pitch?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 08:18 PM
    Hi, Captain Outrageous!

I know that this is now an incredibly old and archived thread, but I just couldn't resist, because one of the instruments that I play is the tuba!

If the music for it is in written in the bass clef, then the note that's played sounds like the note that's written like on the piano. However, if the music for it is written in the treble clef, then it's a transposing instrument. The notes that it plays are written an octave and a major sixth higher than they sound.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bass fishing [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best method to fish for bass?

`N Sync's Lance Bass reveals he is gay [ 27 Answers ]

Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a ``very stable'' relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't...

Lavatory sink not flat? [ 4 Answers ]

We're replacing a lavatory sink, and it appears that the bottom of the new sink is not flat. It rocks from side to side nearly 1/8 of an inch. It's a 19" round Gerber vitreous china sink. If we spin the sink 90 deg, it still rocks from side to side (relative to the sink, that is). Is this sort...

Flat Paint [ 1 Answers ]

I have some flat latex paint and would like to use it in the bathroom. Is there anything I can add to the paint ot make it #1 semi glossy and #2 Mildew resistant?

Car is flat/dead [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I fixed my car, but the question I want to know the answer to is; what actually makes or causes a car to be flat.dead ? When I say this, I mean when you turn the ignition it just makes an awful drone sound and just won't fire up. Thanks

View more questions Search