Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2022, 04:34 AM
    Clueless Joe goes to Buffalo
    The words are bad enough without the histrionics that come with the video.

Remarks by President Biden and First Lady Biden Honoring the Lives Lost in Buffalo, New York, and Calling on All Americans to Condemn White Supremacy | The White House

There is no other way to spin it than to say that a couple days after a terrible tragedy where a mentally disturbed individual (no I'm not speaking about the President yet ) gunned down 10 innocent victims ;the President used the opportunity (no crisis go to waste )to score political points .

Why did he go to Buffalo ? To date there have been 7 mass shootings in 2022 ;and 20 under his watch . And this does not include the countless shootings that goes on daily in America's inner cities .The shooters have been of all races ;killing and injuring people of all races . But it was the white shooter killing non-whites that got his attention .On the link above the White House header reads " Calling on All Americans to Condemn White Supremacy"

It must be that only whites commit “Domestic terrorism. Violence inflicted in the service of hate and a vicious thirst for power that defines one group of people being inherently inferior to any other group.

He had all his talking point ducks in a row.
    Censorship ... “You can’t prevent people from being radicalized to violence, but we can address the relentless exploitation of the Internet to recruit and mobilize terrorism.”
    Gun control ...“We can keep assault weapons off our streets. We’ve done it before. I did it when we passed the crime bill last time. And violence went down, shootings went down.”

That belies the facts .
    1 when so called "assault rifles " were banned gun violence did not go down ;homicide rates were unaffected .
    2. Semi-automatic weapons are rarely used in murders .
    3. The shooter chose NY State specifically because he knew his victims would NOT be armed because of NY's tough conceal and carry laws .

Buffalo Shooter Saw New York's Gun Laws As His Advantage (newsweek.com)

One day after Buffalo a mass shooting occurred in Laguna Woods Ca.The Victims were Taiwanese Americans and the shooter a non-white . Only 1 person died because the intended victims fought back ;captured and hog tied the shooter .

April 12 of this year a self-described Black nationalist wearing a gas mask threw smoke grenades in a NY City subway car .He then took out his Glock 17 9mm hand gun and started blasting away ,29 people were injured .....10 by gun fire 19 by smoke inhalation .Clueless and AG Garland were "briefed on the shooting " . What was Clueless' reaction ? He expressed gratitude to "all the first responders who jumped into action, including civilians who didn't hesitate to help their fellow passengers."
    Brooklyn shooting: Seventeen injured in New York City subway station - BBC News

He did not get on his soap box and yell that Black Nationalism is the biggest terrorist threat facing the nation.

I could go on. But the point is that race is a factor in many killings. Most are not committed by white supremist. Clueless knows this .He also knows who his dwindling constituency is and is catering to them instead of trying to unite the country .
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2022, 05:50 AM
    And of course other Dems DEMagoguing the issue . Here is the Schmuckster .

“Every time MAGA Republicans or pundits vilify wrongly immigrants and call them invaders, every time they falsely claim that millions of undocumented people cast ballots in our elections, and every time loud bigoted voices bemoan the disintegration of an imagined ‘classic’ America, the subtext is clear: these hard-right MAGA Republicans argue that people of color and minority communities are somehow posing a threat—a threat—to the American way of life.”
    “This is replacement theory in a nutshell. It is a dangerous and a deeply anti-American worldview. It’s poisoning people’s minds who spend hours wandering the darkest wastelands of the internet.”

So now it is about half the country that is the problem .It was our opposition to unchecked immigration and open borders that caused the shooter to kill 10 Blacks at a Buffalo supermarket. A summary of his so called manifesto was indeed full of racist thoughts . But he did not confine it to that .He ranted about conservatives too .He called them eco-fascists .
    Schmucky .... 10 killings in Buffalo is a terrible tragedy . So is the 60 per month in Chi town .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 18, 2022, 10:06 AM
    11 people were killed in the past two weekends in Chicago. In the news reports, it did not seem important to mention the race of the victims. In the relatively times when the shooter is arrested, it does not seem important to mention the race then either. Nor does it seem important to mention the type of gun used when a gun was used. Evidently those details only become important when there is political hay to be made. Notably, no one liberal made a speech decrying those deaths.

More tidbits from Biden's speech.

We need to say as clearly and forcefully as we can that the ideology of white supremacy has no place in America.
    Name anyone with any serious influence who says white supremacy is a good thing.

Our nation’s strength has always come from the idea — it’s going to sound corny, but think about it — what’s the idea of our nation? That we’re all children of God.
    Actually, that is not true. Still, it's interesting how liberal dems refer to God when it suits their purposes. How about the unborn? Are they "children of God" as well?

All children — life, liberty. Our universal goods, gifts of God. We didn’t get it from the government. We got it because we exist. We were called upon to defend them.
    So we are to defend "all children" unless, of course, they have yet to be born.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2022, 10:14 AM
    “We can keep assault weapons off our streets. We’ve done it before. I did it when we passed the crime bill last time. And violence went down, shootings went down.”
    That is clearly not true. That bill was passed in 94. It did not take AW off the street, but simply banned the sales of such weapons. Murder by gunfire rose from about 11,000 in 1999 to more than 14,000 in 2016, the final year of the Obama/Biden admin.

https://gun-control.procon.org/us-gun-deaths-by-year/
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Name anyone with any serious influence who says white supremacy is a good thing.
    Tucker Carlson.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2022, 11:26 AM
    So you're still in the business of writing fiction?

It's an absurd charge. TC has never said such a thing. It's just the usual liberal dem strategy. When the truth is inconvenient, then try something else. Of course if what you are saying is true, then it will be easy enough for you to document.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 11:33 AM
    So you're still in the business of writing fiction?

It's an absurd charge. TC has never said such a thing. It's just the usual liberal dem strategy. When the truth is inconvenient, then try something else.
    I'm writing non-fiction today. You must not watch him on Fox. Give it a try. You'll be horrified at the allusions and not too subtle suggestions with the phrasing he uses.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2022, 11:58 AM
    Nah. Still fiction. If you had the goods, you would post them. Shame. Why do liberal dems do this so much? "What I'm saying is true! I have no way of verifying it, but just take my word for it!" Well, after the wild tale you pursued last week, your credibility is shot.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2022, 12:54 PM
    You'll be horrified at the allusions and not too subtle suggestions with the phrasing he uses.
    hilarious . whatever the progressive Dems accuse someone of ;it is they that are really doing it. Classic deflection. IE this idea of replacement theory . The first time I heard that sentiment was from prominent progressive Dems like Jesse Jackson who applauded the idea that whites would soon be a minority in this country .Now the Dems deflect and brand Republicans of using it to fear monger . I give the Dems credit .They gaslight with the best of them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    hilarious . whatever the progressive Dems accuse someone of ;it is they that are really doing it. Classic deflection.
    You don't watch him on Fox News?
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2022, 04:30 PM
    Of course not ! Have you ever seen me link to his commentary ? Carlson is to the right what Rachel Madcow is to the left . I watch the news on FOX if I happen to have the television on at that hour (which I rarely do ). My television is confined mostly to shows and movies I DVR ;or Yanks and NY Giants if they are available .
    My news sources are what I get on the net mostly .Almost all television news is a waste of my time . When I do site a television source it comes from a third source . Like I would not waste an hour of my life watching 60 Minutes or the Sunday Morning talking head shows . But I will often link to them if the topic is germane to my discussions .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 04:39 PM
    Then you know nothing about him, his style, what he vents about, what he promotes.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2022, 05:00 PM
    Oh I know his basic positions . But i put as much weight on them as anyone else's . As an example ;I know he and I have some similar views about the Ukraine war . Why is this about him ?
    Unlike the progressive Dems ,Conservatives views are not monolithic . But I'll take the bait . Give me specific Carleson quotes about the Buffalo murders . I won't waste my time on generalities like

Tucker Carlson.
    Defend your position that Carleson thinks white supremacy is a good thing with quotes .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 05:52 PM
    His stoking of fear of the "great replacement" (common white supremacist ideology that white people in the U.S. and worldwide are being “replaced” by growing immigrant, Jewish, and POC populations. They refer to this as “white genocide,” and many believe that, in the U.S., changing demographics are the result of a deliberate political ploy to increase Democratic voters):

TC -- “I know that the left and all the gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term ‘replacement,’ if you suggest the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate, the voters now casting ballots, with new people, more obedient voters from the Third World. But they become hysterical because that’s what’s happening, actually, let’s just say it. That’s true.”

TC has been quiet since the Buffalo murders. Continuing his rants now would be very transparent.
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2022, 06:31 PM
    It is a statistical fact that non-whites will supplant whites in the USA soon if they haven't already done so. Is it an intentional Democrat policy ? Do you really think that is some kind of unintended consequence of the 1965 Hart-Cellar immigration act ? Do you really believe that the reforms were meant to bring more white European immigrants ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 06:33 PM
    TC wants whites to believe that.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2022, 06:50 PM
    I listen to TC from time to time. To suggest he advocates for WS is sheer nonsense. It's just the tired old liberal dem game of making accusations which cannot be supported by even a shred of evidence, and then not having the character to simply retract the statement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 07:26 PM
    I watch his "news" show a lot.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2022, 07:59 PM
    Exactly. And yet you can't provide a single link to back up this latest work of fiction.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2022, 08:19 PM
    Exactly. And yet you can't provide a single link to back up this latest work of fiction.
    I did even better. I provided words that came out of his own mouth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Bison and buffalo the same? [ 4 Answers ]

A park ranger recently told my tour group Bison and Buffalo are the same. My research indicates they are different animals from different continents. What is the real answer?

Buffalo Nickel [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy again everyone! I have found a perfect condition, non-replica, readable Buffalo nickel! The ONLY thing I cannot read is the date. Any good prices? It looks really old but is in great condition. :) Thanks. Bye.

American Buffalo [ 1 Answers ]

This weekend I went to see a play called American Buffalo Directed by Robert Falls, John Leguizamo, Cedric the Entertainer, and Haley Joel Osment star. I was so disappointed, not with the acting but the story line. I was never at a point where my interest level was high. Tell me what you...

View more questions Search