Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traceylw1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Convicted felon entering usa
    What are the specific restrictions, regarding a convicted felon in the UK, after serving time and several years after the alleged offense, entering the United States to visit and possibly live at a certain juncture?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 09:05 PM

Depending upon the charge -you are probably inadmissible under Section 212 (2)(A)(I)(I) Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude or Section 212 (2)(B) 2 or more Criminal Offenses; of the INA. Persons charged under 2A1 and 2B would be inadmissible without a valid waiver of inadmissibility as a non-immigrant.

Contact the nearest US consulate for further details.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 05:47 AM

Just a quick point of contention: if you have been convicted and served time it is not an alleged offense. It is only alleged until innocence or guilt is established.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Convicted Felon [ 2 Answers ]

Are there jobs for convicted felons in Dallas, Texas?

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search