Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2021, 06:26 AM
    Groundhog day It's variant day Again
    Omicron sunk the markets by at least 2.5 % Friday. US crude prices dopped 13%.
    The cure to Quidflation found!

Travel restrictions are being imposed. But that did not stop the transmission of any of the variants so far. It is in Belgium so it has already crossed over from South Africa. Herr Doctor Fauci says it is most likely in the US already. Lockdowns are coming. The temporary placeholder to Guv of NY has banned elective surgeries.

All this BEFORE we know how big an issue Omicron is. It is not a given that it will be more than a regional California’s Epsilon, Brazil’s Gamma and South Africa’s Beta did not take off around the world as some scientists initially feared.

It is a great scenario for despotic leaders. If it doesn't become a big deal, it will be automatically credited to their swift response. If it is bad then they can claim it would've been worse without their intervention. And that not letting a crisis go to waste?
    Look for a greater push for mail in balloting as the mid-term elections approach.

Think of the possibilities. The third jab is already underway. the Vax manufactures are promising a 4th jab tweaked for the new strain. The argument for fast-track approvals of anti-viral covid pills just got a booster shot too.

The bottom line is that with covid there will always be new strains. My guess if we follow the science is that it will be more transmissible and less lethal. Darwin says a life form doesn't serve its best interests by killing its host. So, it adapts.

America and the world has to learn to live with it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2021, 04:14 AM
    Dr Angelique Coetzee, the South African doctor who first spotted the Omicron variant says the patients seen so far have had "extremely mild symptoms".

She questions the western panic. It is unfair to punish South Africa for discovering the variant. No one in South Africa has been admitted to the hospital over the strain.

Covid-19: 'No need to panic' about Omicron variant, 'symptoms are mild' so far - SAMA board chair | News24

Even Herr Doctor Fauci said that travel bans will not stop any spread of the virus.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2021, 04:32 AM
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2021, 03:19 AM
    These travel bans are a joke. South Africans are among the many other illegals who are getting into the US through the southern border. I have this funny image in my mind of thousands bum rushing the border and Immigration patrols asking them to produce their vax papers.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2021, 03:46 PM
    New Variant was in Europe at least a week before it was reported in South Africa . So where are the travel bans from Europe ? Good question for Quid the xenophobic racist .

Omicron variant was in the Netherlands a week before South Africa reported it : NPR
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2021, 04:00 PM
    Let people do as they wish -- congregate in churches/schools/homes/factories/restaurants/airports/airplanes/amusement parks, etc. No restrictions. Just enjoy life!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2021, 04:33 PM
    Not sure what the alternative is. Can't just stay in our homes unless we want no jobs and go back to the stone age. The Trump vaccine is probably the best weapon we have. Just hope we're not living with serious unintended consequences five years down the road.

New Variant was in Europe at least a week before it was reported in South Africa . So where are the travel bans from Europe ? Good question for Quid the xenophobic racist .
    Should I be surprised that the ever-compliant media has not asked that question?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2021, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Not sure what the alternative is.
    Ignore it. Live life to the the fullest! It won't kill all of us.
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2021, 04:59 PM
    Ignore it. Live life to the the fullest! It won't kill all of us.
    There you go! Always knew you were my kind of gal, WG. I think I'll just go wild and get an ice cream cone at McDonald's tomorrow. Throw caution to the winds and live it up!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2021, 05:57 PM
    While you're waiting for your cone, put a happy smile on your face, walk through the dining area, and shake customers' hands -- and kiss grandmas and little kids. Go back to the counter to buy your cone, then high-five the McDonald's staff.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2021, 06:01 PM
    I decided to act responsibly taking the prudent precautions someone my age and health should . I got double dose of the Moderna vax and I know from recent SCIENCE that people who have had the virus as I did have long term immunity . I live my life putting on a mask when I will be in a crowd .There is no mandate forcing me to do so . But I made a CHOICE . I will refuse to be locked down again.

Oh yeah and everyone should supplement with vitamin D ,zinc ,C and glutathione .
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2021, 07:23 PM
    While you're waiting for your cone, put a happy smile on your face, walk through the dining area, and shake customers' hands -- and kiss grandmas and little kids. Go back to the counter to buy your cone, then high-five the McDonald's staff.
    If I go around kissing grandmas and little kids I've never met, I'm liable to end up in the local jail.

I don't fool with the masks very much as research seems to indicate they are not terribly effective and do scarcely anything to protect me. I do social distance when possible and keep my hands washed frequently. More than anything, I trust my God to protect me. I have been vaxed as has my wife. If my time comes up, then I hope to head out joyfully.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2021, 03:29 AM
    Of all the non-pharmaceutical preventions; mask wearing in crowds is the most effective means of preventing the spread of covid. It also contributed to a mild flu season last year . A recent large study out of England shows a 53% reduction in incidences when masking is applied . Fool proof ? Not at all. I contracted the virus while doing all the recommended interventions .

As I have suggested ,it is all a matter of choice . This virus is now a part of our lives .It is endemic and we will have to deal with it appropriately . Flu interventions are available and people choose if they will use them without governments mandating their use .

Here is the British Medical Journal abstract of the study .
    Effectiveness of public health measures in reducing the incidence of covid-19, SARS-CoV-2 transmission, and covid-19 mortality: systematic review and meta-analysis | The BMJ
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2021, 05:17 AM
    Depends on which mask is used and how it's used. The masks worn by nearly everyone are only marginally effective. N95's, on the other hand, work fairly well.

https://drrichswier.com/2021/08/25/s...against-virus/

I think you're right in that Covid is here to stay. As time goes by we'll learn how to manage and treat the disease more effectively...I hope.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2021, 06:21 AM
    Yes N 95s and even then there is no guarantee . I got the virus while wearing N95's and following pharmaceutical sanitizing practices .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liberty lost The Australian Variant . [ 70 Answers ]

The powers that be in Aussie have decreed 'we must lock down'. Greater Sydney restrictions | NSW Government Stay at home orders are now in place in South Australia, Victoria and parts of New South Wales. Covid: Anger as half of Australians in lockdown again - BBC News "You must stay...

Groundhog Day [ 2 Answers ]

The '90's version was not the first of this type... I saw one based on the same premise about 30+ years ago... what was the name of the original b/w movie (40's or 50's I think) I searched the internet to no avail... most 'informed' sources seem to think it was an original idea... it was not!...

Christmas groundhog day film [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this film could be a TV movie couple of years ago on the box .family film set in america teenage boy keeps reliving christmas eve until he sorts family out . Dad runs local hardware store his uncle coming back to build big new store outside town . They split when their dad died don't really...

Groundhog Day [ 2 Answers ]

I got a question. When my family get together over Christmas, we each come up with a game or a quiz to play. Well, I have one but I need your help. If you have seen the movie Groundhog Day, can you tell me how many days Phil Connors (Bill Murray) repeats before he ‘gets the message’.

View more questions Search