Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gina437 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Accessing pension funds
    Does anyone know of a way to withdraw or borrow from a "pension"? Not a 401K but a pension?
    I need funds badly and the pension people tell me I cannot have any of it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 12:12 PM
    First, tell us what you need the funds for and how much. That pension will be gold to you someday.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
    A pension does is not an account where you can draw money out. Often in some payments being made by current employees are being used toward what other retired employees are receiving. It is not like you have a savings account there.

Pension plan vs. 401(k) - by V. Kumar - Helium
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
    This depends on the terms of the plan. Some pension plans allow you to cash out, others don't. You have to go by what the plan administrators say.
    gina437 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Property taxes- in danger of losing my home
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Doesn't matter why. If the plan does not provide provision for cashing out or taking a loan, there is nothing you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you change your pension into a disability pension does that become marital asset? [ 5 Answers ]

Married 4 years husband became disabled changed his pension into a disability pension am I entitled to the pension? I read that once you change your regular pension while married into a disability pension it becomes a marital asset. We are in the process of getting a divorce, I received a letter...

Pension-funds [ 3 Answers ]

My father has died last August. He has been re-married for less then 3 years. What does the law say about... Hoe long does a cupple have to be married to have the right to receive any pension funds?

401 or state pension 25 year pension [ 1 Answers ]

I always wonder if I had a 401k insteed of a state pension. The period is from: 1969-1994. I received $1,000 a month for life. Have already received $192,600 But what about other scenario. 401K investment plan during the same period. Would it be better, the same, or worst?? ...

View more questions Search