Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thefilmfreak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2013, 12:25 PM
    Bad Protagonist is it possible?!
    In the Oscar winning short Film "Black-Driver", there are two main characters. An old Lady and young man. But who of them is the Protagonist and who is the Antagonist? I read somewhere that it's the old woman but with no explanation why...

You can watch the full 12min shortfilm here f.e.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiuv5hzj5i4
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 12, 2013, 01:24 PM
    I read somewhere that it's the old woman but with no explanation why...
    You read that the old woman is which one?
    *I'm kinda feeling like a bit of advertising is trying to be done...hmmm*

Dec 12, 2013, 03:51 PM
    Haha. Yeah I'm advertising for a twenty year old short film which is available on YouTube.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 13, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Ha! You never know! ;) I did not go to your link, but looked up short films that had won awards, I think maybe the film you're referring to is Schwarzfahrer ('Black Rider'), not Black Driver?
    Schwarzfahrer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But who of them is the Protagonist and who is the Antagonist? I read somewhere that it's the old woman but with no explanation why...
    You read that the old lady was which one? The protagonist or antagonist?

Dec 14, 2013, 01:55 AM
    Yeah, exactly "Black Rider". I'm sorry.

I read that the old Lady is the Protagonist. Although she is the bad Person. That's OK, the protagonist doesn't have to be good but in descriptions about how to identify the protagonist, one criteria is f.e. "you can identify yourself with protagonist". Which is not really given in the movie in my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in throat tooth nerves but teeth don't hurt bad taste bad breath [ 2 Answers ]

Pain not in teeth but throat .bad taste bad breath ,facing surgery ,not dental And concerned about risks ,no matter how much I brush floss ,use mouthwash It doesn't help .I also cough up flemm

Need a name for a protagonist [ 4 Answers ]

I need a name for a protagonist who is somewhere between the age of 35 and 38. I'd like a common name (1st and last) even though it is a supernatural thriller book. She had darkbrown hair which borders sometime on red (as in red red not ginger) and its curly and goes just beneath her shoulder...

Can cassius be considered as protagonist in julius caesar? [ 4 Answers ]

There are plenty of debates as to whether the protagonist of julius caeser is caesar himself or brutus... cassius is not even considered for the part. Detaching the play from the time it was written in... or what shakespeare might or might not have intended... studying it in a purely objective...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search