Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vakd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Probation transfer
    My brother got a 1 yr. probation sentence from a dui while living in orlando.he has lived there 2 yrs. He wanted to move back to Massachusetts but they say he has to stay in Florida until his probation is over. However w/no license to work he can't pay rent. His entire family is here in Massachusetts. Is there any way to transfer probation from state to state? Kelly
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 10:32 AM
    If they say he has to stay, then that is the final answer. Isn't there public transit in Orlando to enable him to get to his job ?

I have no sympathy for people who drive while under the influence of alcohol; he is lucky he didn't kill someone or seriously maim himself or someone else.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Hello vakd:

Ask your probation officer for the written policy and procedures manual for his department. See if you find a chapter on transfer. If you do, follow the criteria and apply again in writing.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of probation [ 16 Answers ]

How long will it take to transfer my probation from Michigan to dallas Texas I was put on probation for 12 months on a larceny in building charge that was knock down to a entry without permission charge. The department of correction or my "probation officer" requested that I do 90 days in jail if I...

Probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

What's up whoever is reading this. Answer only if you know about probation tranfers.I have a friend who on probation in n.y. and in n.j. he really lives in n.j.. But n.y. thinks he lives at his aunts house in n.y.. See when he was arrested for the charge in n.y.. he had a case already pending in...

Probation transfer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the estimated fee for probation transfer

Probation transfer from AZ to CA [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My brother has unsupervised probation in Mohave County AZ and he would like to have it transferred to San Diego County. He will be moving out here and living with me. How do we go about making this happen? And how long does it usually take?

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

View more questions Search