Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larochelle57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 11:01 AM
    Protect oil in home heating oil tank
    We recently installed a Pellet Furnace and will now only use our oil furnace as backup. How do we keep the oil fresh and the oil tank from getting mold, or mildew in the tank. I heard using Diesel treatment in the tank will work, is this correct ad will it work?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2013, 12:57 PM
    It will help but there is no 100% long term solution I am aware of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can compression fittings be use on my copper tubing from my heating oil tank to my fu [ 1 Answers ]

Can compression fittings be use on my copper tubing from my heating oil tank to my furnace?

Tenant pays oil heat but lets tank run out, how can I get them to have oil [ 2 Answers ]

My tenant has their own furnace and tank. They are to pay for own oil. They keep letting oil tank run dry. The are told what is in tank and it is time to order oil. This is damaging to the furnace. And service has to be called to restart. How do other landlords handle "tenant pays for heat"?

Oil home heating cutting out [ 1 Answers ]

My oil tank was filled in November 1300ltrs its now cutting out and the reset button initially got it going but now it just buzzes and cuts out again! Help

How do I make and install concrete bumpers that protect inside oil storage tank [ 2 Answers ]

Taking out old inground oil tank. Installing one in garage, which by code, requires cement "bumpers" to protect from car hitting it. Is it easier to buy these, or if I make, how do I install in existing cement floor?

Oil fired Heating system expansion tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- The expansion tank on my oil fired heating system has lost all the air from it, will this cause any problems or inefficiencies with my heating and can I fill top this up in situ at home myself??

View more questions Search