Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papawate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2003, 09:27 AM
    Daewoo 1.5i 1994 model, BIG problems... HELP!
    Unfortunately I own a Daewoo 1.5i 1994 automatic which I've got a hell of a problem with, 15 times I've taken it in and no 1 seems to be able 2 fix the problem. Basically what happens is that once the cars temp. Gauge hit's about half way it (after about 30mins 2 an hours driving!) it stalls and totally cuts the engine off. Wherever I am at the time I have 2 wait for about half an hour for it 2 start up again! It seems to be a lot worse when I stop at lights or are in gridlock, the car hates 2 slow down and stop. Apparently it's got nothing 2 do with coolant, timing, fuel/water pump, or the automatic transmission, so I'm just wondering what the hells wrong with it? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
    chabat Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2003, 03:51 PM
    I do not know the answer to your question :-/ , but I found a forum specific to daewoo where you could post your question: http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cg...ltimatebb.cgi? and on that page there is a forum for daewoo. Check it out. Sorry I did not know the answer.
    Squelchwex Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2004, 06:40 AM
    Hi you don't say whether its single or multi point injection I suspect it might be single point,if it is your problems the fuel is vapourising in the unit when it gets hot and then it stalls and won't start until it cools down there is an insulated shield which is supposed to stop this happening its probably fallen off or not been replaced look for it if you can't find it that's your prob,if its there see is it intact and doing its job but your probs there hope this helps.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2004, 08:04 AM
    In the old days, you could take off the air cleaner and pump the throttle and see if it squirted gas in the carburetor or pull off a spark plug wire and crank the engine and look for a spark. You can still make those checks, but without a carburetor or spark plug wires, it requires more disassembly. After the engine quits, pull the fuel injector or fuel injector rail and see if gas squirts out when you crank the engine. Don't let the gas spray anywhere it will catch fire. With direct ignition, you can pull the whole assembly off and see if there is a spark from the coil contacts when you crank the engine. Often as the coils age, they quit working when hot, or the module that feeds the low voltage pulse to them does. The output of the module can be checked with a test light or meter. These things are a pain to find, but do your best.
    chuckduck Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
    @Squelshwex, it is multi - point fuel injected and I have the same problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 Honda Civic EX will not start [ 53 Answers ]

I am having problems with getting my 1994 Honda Civic EX to start. I am getting no spark at the spark plugs, but I am getting fuel to them. I have read through the FAQ listed in the forum on the subject. I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, rotor, distributor cap and Igniter...

1994 mercury marquis [ 4 Answers ]

My 1994 Mercury Marquis is stuck in park. I can't shift to any gear. Any ideas?

Help, problems for 4600 dimension model dell computer [ 1 Answers ]

My computer just black out for like 7 days already First I start the computer, it runs the opening then it becomes black screen and shows " _ " I tried to reboot the computer and press f12 to boot In the number 5 click cd rom then run the CD(operation cd / recovery cd that dell has) ...

View more questions Search