Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpayne211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Loan against 401K
    My 401K is still with :confused: my employer for one year and a day after my resignation. How can I obtain a small loan (3K). The year is almost up but I need the cash now!:confused:
    BDouxgren Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

May 27, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpayne211
    My 401K is still with :confused: my employer for one year and a day after my resignation. How can I obtain a small loan (3K). The year is almost up but I need the cash now!:confused:
    You can't take a loan from your 401k if you no longer work for the company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cashing out a 401k with a loan [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a loan I am paying back to my 401k and am thinking about cashing out, but I'm not sure if this is possible or not. This might not be a good idea because I'm guessing the loan would be considered part of that cash out, which means I'd be paying taxes on money I won't even be seeing...

401K withdrawal vs Additional Student Loan [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I will be starting school very shortly. I need additional funds to cover both tuition and cost of living. I am debating whether I should take money out of my 401K to cover these expenses or if I should take out some additional loans. I am already borrowing some money through a Federal...

401k loan won't rollover left holding the bag! [ 1 Answers ]

My company recently merged with another and now I have two different 401k plans. The company is planning on merging the plans for the employees early 07. I would like to take a loan out of the plan I have had established the longest but will not have paid it back completely by the time the plans...

View more questions Search