Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blairmoffatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Symmons Temptrol Shower/Tub Handle -
    I printed off the internet the part breakdwon to my tub/shower one-dial Symmons Temtrol kit as I am trying to stop a slow leak out oif the tub faucet. I removed the screw and cap - and I can't get the handle off - is it hyst suppoosed to pull off once the screw is removed? That is how the instructions make it sound? I don't want to force it case there is some trick to it... any suggestions - I think it is just stuck and needs some persuasion
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 8, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairmoffatt
    I printed off the internet the part breakdwon to my tub/shower one-dial Symmons Temtrol kit as I am trying to stop a slow leak out oif the tub faucet. I removed the screw and cap - and I can't get the handle off - is it hyst suppoosed to pull off once the screw is removed? that is how the instructions make it sound? I don't want to force it case there is some trick to it...any suggestions - I think it is just stuck and needs some persuasion
    Hi Blair,
    The knob is on a spline. Once the screw is off it should pull right off. If you still have trouble getting it off then purchase a "knob puller".(see image) from your local plumbing shop.
    This should help, (see image). Good luck,Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose faucet handle [ 12 Answers ]

We just installed a new Price Fister faucet in our kitchen sink. The lever that turns the water on doesn't stay up unless you hold it (up is on, down is off). We can't lift the handle halfway to get only a little water because the handle falls to the off position immediately. Is there a screw to...

Bathroom handle removal [ 5 Answers ]

I have a old home and the bathroom shower handles have no caps, screw or set screw to remove them. How do I get them off to fix leak?

How PHP Handle XML File? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Would you please help? I'm currently using PHP Version 4.3.11. Q#1. If I'd like to created a php page to read a XML file which is generated by Oracle server. What function do I need in php to handle this event? Q#2. Do I need to install a higher php version in order to do so? ...

Leaking Outdoor Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a summer house that we close in the winter. Every year I drain the pipes, take apart all the faucets, and put antifreeze down the drains. This year everything went well except for the outdoor shower. I connected all the pipes and turned the system on and the showers faucet handle began to...

Leaky/free turning shower handle [ 4 Answers ]

I've seen similar posts with fixes (from Speedball, particularly), but I can't find a specific answer for one thing. My shower/tub is a single handle Stanadyne. The handle spins too far in each direction and there's a constant leak from the faucet. From what I've read, I need to replace the...

View more questions Search