Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poopsey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Word Doc Scan
    I have AVG anti-virus and word docs keep constantly asking for scan before opening if they even open at all. A few months ago had a problem with normal.dot files because Word docs wouldn't open at all. Now just get scan requests.
    bigbull15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 04:00 PM

Search your computer for the normal.dot file and delete it. Make sure you have Word closed before you delete.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 3, 2009, 04:35 PM

No, do not delete your NORMAL.DOT unless you are still having problems today just opening Word to a blank document. Are you?

Your original question doesn't make it clear whether you're having problems opening Word to blank documents to make new docs, or if you are getting scan requests with you try to open EXISTING documents.

If you're getting scan requests when you open existing docs, that's just good computing and you should let AVG scan the docs.
    poopsey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Word Docs are asking for scans on new docs and existing docs but takes 2-3 min. to open. Have looked at AVG can't find what to do there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stop virus scan in MS Word 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to stop MS Word from asking for a virus scan when opening documents. This happens even with documents I have created myself and is really time-consuming. I have read the other posted answers and have set MS Word Macro Security settings to low. I have Norton anti-virus software but cannot...

Remove Virus Scan on Opening WORD 2003 [ 5 Answers ]

Same question. And... following my use of WORD (2003,) when I close it, it reopens! And reopens, ad nauseum... until I have to use a Ctrl/Alt/Del to finally manually close the program. The next time I attempt to use Word, I am offered the option to open in a Safe Mode. If I select that...

How do you prevent MS Word from requesting a virus scan? [ 8 Answers ]

What I want to know is how to prevent MS Word from making the request in the first place. What registry entry, if there is one, needs to be changed to disable it. Yes, I've read the other posts about Word requesting virus scans and those solutions do not help my set up. I have virus protection...

MS Word & Excel Requesting Virus Scan [ 2 Answers ]

When opening a Word Excel document the message 'requesting virus scan' appears when opening the application then when opening the file the same message again. Instead of a couple of seconds for whole procedure it now takes 11 to 23 seconds. I had made no changes to my computer. Following another...

View more questions Search