Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eschmidtpr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Hampton Bay Outdoor Lights
    :confused: I cannot figure out why my Hampton Bay outdoor lights will not turn off when I set them to auto-off after two hours. They stay on all the time now.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
    This may help:https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ern-33785.html
    Accent Lighting Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2006, 09:32 AM
    I sell 500,000 dollars annually of outdoor lighting. Your problem was purchasing Hampton Bay equipment of any type. It sounds like the wiring inside the transformer is either wired backwards and bypasses the timing mechanism, or your transformer is malfunctioning. The very most important component to any outdoor lighting system is the quality of the Transformer. Secondly the gauge of the wire size is almost equally as important. Your problem is a bad transformer. Open the box and see if the transformer is wired around the timing mechanism or is not making contact in its proper slot. I would just replace the transformer. Jim Lehman 800-362-8155
    mwalkerbcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:17 AM
    This has happened to me twice with Hampton Bay lights. The sensors just seem to break. I will never buy one again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay outdoor flood light (motion/optical) [ 1 Answers ]

My HB flood lights stopped working recently, but if I turn the unit to "test", wave my hand in front of the sensor, the lights pop on. Turning it back to 1,5, or 10 minute timer delay does not work, even in the dark. Faulty opical sensor? Would that prevent the unit from operating in timer mode?

Hampton Bays outdoor lantern [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. We just purchased a Hampton Bays outdoor wall lantern at the home depot which is equipped with a photo cell and a sensitivity mode.I installed the Lateran exactly as directed and fellowed the instructions to set the mode to operate automatically. I set the sensitivity switch on the...

Hampton Bay CF: fan works, lights don't [ 3 Answers ]

I hung a hampton bay ceiling fan (Huntington III), controlled by a simple single light switch, and the fan works well, but the lights do not work at all. I wired white to white, black to black, green and blue to outlet box ground. I am guessing that it's a manufacturer's defect, since it is getting...

Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a Hampton Bay remote controlled fan with upper and lower lights The problem is the remote will not turn off or on the lower lights My dad found this out when he tried to turn off the light last night, it stayed on until I could unscrew the bulbs. I tried the battery its good and...

View more questions Search