Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fire_stopper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2004, 06:55 PM
    Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on??
    My dad has a Hampton Bay remote controlled fan with upper and lower lights
    The problem is the remote will not turn off or on the lower lights
    My dad found this out when he tried to turn off the light last night, it stayed on until I could unscrew the bulbs.
    I tried the battery its good and everything else works fine
    I changed the code on remote and transmitter no luck.
    Someone help!! This fan is 11 months old
    truss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2004, 03:46 PM
    Re: Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on??
    Sounds like the triac which is a electronic component of the dimmer has blown. This is tell tale by not being able to turn off the light. More than likey the electronic control board will need to be changed. If it was an inexpensive fan it would be easier to replace the fan. Stay name brand i.e. Casablanca they back their products.
    fire_stopper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2004, 08:44 PM
    Re: Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on??
    Thanks!! ;D ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay Outdoor Lights [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I cannot figure out why my Hampton Bay outdoor lights will not turn off when I set them to auto-off after two hours. They stay on all the time now.

New hampton bay motor not working, lights work [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I just installed a new hampton bay carriage house II 52" ceiling fan with light assembly (no remote; pull strings for lights and fan, and two position fan switch). I used the wiring from a previously existing ceiling light. I tested the wiring by running them to a grounded plug assembly,...

Hampton Bay CF: fan works, lights don't [ 3 Answers ]

I hung a hampton bay ceiling fan (Huntington III), controlled by a simple single light switch, and the fan works well, but the lights do not work at all. I wired white to white, black to black, green and blue to outlet box ground. I am guessing that it's a manufacturer's defect, since it is getting...

1995 Nissan Altima Brake Lights stay on [ 1 Answers ]

My Altima's brake and parking lights stay on. I have taken the fuse out until I have the problem fixed. I checked under the dash and there are several switches located there. Not sure which one is for the brake light. Any suggestions?:mad:

View more questions Search