Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mckinleyma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 05:04 PM
    The Cost
    I have a 93 Honda Civic EX, how much should it cost to get the distributor replaced? I think the garage is planning on using a rebuilt distributor, not sure.

Thank you
    Michael
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Around $125 for a new Honda distributor housing. You can reuse your rotor, distributor cap, coil, and ICM. Easy job.. . Labor should not be too much.
    civic racer 94 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2006, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mckinleyma
    I have a 93 Honda Civic EX, how much should it cost to get the distributor replaced? I think the garage is planning on using a rebuilt distributor, not sure.

Thank you
    Michael
    see how much there wanting to charge you you can get a new for $120 or a used one for around 50 or so the best place to get them is eBay you may not want to get them from a parts store they are very high around $240 or so here's a link to what you need http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...18498100QQrdZ1 but just to put on the distributor on should not be very high at all only takes about 5 minutes or so
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Aug 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
    To replace the distributor you need to do exactly this:

- remove spark plug wires from spark plugs
    - disconnect 2 connectors (easily reached)
    - undo 3 bolts that hold the distributor to the engine head
    - take the distributor out

If I had to do it for someone, I'd charge them $1 or $2. I'd do it on my way to work and still not be late.
    civic racer 94 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 18, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CroCivic91
    To replace the distributor you need to do exactly this:

- remove spark plug wires from spark plugs
    - disconnect 2 connectors (easily reached)
    - undo 3 bolts that hold the distributor to the engine head
    - take the distributor out

If i had to do it for someone, i'd charge them $1 or $2. I'd do it on my way to work and still not be late.
    yea there's nothing to it really don't even have to take the plug wires off just remove the cap with wires still on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much would this cost? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Canada so the price might be different, but an estimate would be cool. The drain pipe underneath my plastic shower stall in downstairs bathroom is leaking. The only way to seal it is to basically remove the shower out, seal the pipe and then put the shower back in. How much would a...

Cost of an asset [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an asset worth $500 from a dealer for $469. How would I record this on my balance sheet? Under Canadian GAAP would there be an argument for both recording methods (i.e. record asset cost as $500 or $469)> Also, let's say receivables are very slow for me. I have no estimates with...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

Cost of .net [ 2 Answers ]

How much price of .net framework sdk. Is it free?

View more questions Search