Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Kayak Suggestions
    My partner and I are interested in purchasing a kayak. I did a bit when I was younger, but he has no experience at all. We decided that we want to get a tandem kayak.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for? We will be mainly using it in open waters (lakes, etc), and maybe some rivers, but no rapids or whatnot. They would mainly just be day tours.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 06:10 PM

May I suggest that you purchase a canoe instead? Kayaks are extremely unstable crafts versus a canoe. Plus you can pack stuff in the canoe that you can't in a kayak.

I had a dandy 16' fiberglass canoe when I lived in Florida and I went everywhere with it. I could put it on the top of my car with a few special rigid foam carriers and tie it down properly.

If your partner is not familiar with a kayak can you go somewhere and rent one for a day so they can see if they like it or not before you buy one?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 07:09 PM

We will be renting for a bit, but he's pretty gung ho about it haha. After some discussion we've decided that it may be best for us to each get our own single kayaks.
    I used to canoe when I was younger but I never liked it really, and preferred kayaking.

I don't need to worry too much about storage as we won't be going on very long treks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just want to know is there any where free that I can try and get imformation on birth mother and sister

Suggestions. [ 2 Answers ]

I am so bored with Movies right now. I watch so many that they are beginning to blur into one horrendously long plot. I want to see something so ORIGINAL that it will stand out. Any suggestions? I'm also starting a collection for my kids so other than the list of disney movies I got off...

Need suggestions [ 8 Answers ]

What would you recommend serving with cabbage rolls? I'm stumped.

Any suggestions? [ 4 Answers ]

I can not have an orgasm unless my better half is playing with my "spot"---C Is there other ways, without doing that?

Any suggestions? [ 5 Answers ]

Any time my boyfriend and I go to the movie store, we can never find anything worth watching! Any suggestions (new OR old)? Thanks! FYI, I like just about any genre, he isn't really into horror/sci-fi. But we are open to any ideas no matter what the genre. :)

View more questions Search