Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 06:56 PM

That's okay Kit. I love him as much today as I ever did. I often wonder if that was my one and only. Some people say you only get one shot at love. I don't know...

GnR is by far my fav band, and if I ever get married I want Patience to be my first. It was one of those school dances his hands were on my hips, mine were on his shoulders, I remember thinking "he must feel my sweaty palms on his shoulder", later he said he felt the same way about his hands.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    That's okay Kit. I love him as much today as I ever did. I often wonder if that was my one and only. Some people say you only get one shot at love. I don't know...

GnR is by far my fav band, and if I ever get married I want Patience to be my first. It was one of those school dances his hands were on my hips, mine were on his shoulders, I remember thinking "he must feel my sweaty palms on his shoulder", later he said he felt the same way about his hands.
    That gives me goose bumps. That's so sad Bella...
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 07:03 PM

Yup is death was sad, but remembering him is happy. I moved on, and as much as I could've lived in my own hell, I didn't. I was young, he was young. And that's life.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Yup is death was sad, but remembering him is happy. I moved on, and as much as I could've lived in my own hell, I didn't. I was young, he was young. And that's life.
    You'r brave!
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 4, 2010, 02:10 PM

This was my and my husbands tune.

Just Another Day Jon Secada

This was another one we often danced to;

Unbreak my heart Toni Braxton

Seems so poignant now...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 02:18 PM

Our first dance, also the first dance at our wedding;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...kB6j6g&cad=rja
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Our first dance, also the first dance at our wedding;

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...kB6j6g&cad=rja
    Love the song Alty... Love Phil Collins
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 05:32 PM

I don't remember the first song we danced to, but the night he first told me that he loves me he had put together a CD full of love songs. They were playing in the background, and we danced to many of them. The one that really spoke to us was "Someone Like You" (Van Morrison) - and that will be our first dance at our wedding in 2 months. Wow - 2 months... wish it was tomorrow. :) Another song that will be played later will be "Moondance". Love that song.

I'm trying to find a song for the father/daughter dance. I lost my father 2 years ago so I will be dancing with my grandfather at first and then one of my uncles. I'd like to find one that honors my father, though. He was the best. Any ideas? The best choice I have so far is "In My Life" by the Beatles. I also like "In This Life" by IZ - a very special song to my dad, but I'd probably be a pool of tears. :o
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    I don't remember the first song we danced to, but the night he first told me that he loves me he had put together a CD full of love songs. They were playing in the background, and we danced to many of them. The one that really spoke to us was "Someone Like You" (Van Morrison) - and that will be our first dance at our wedding in 2 months. Wow - 2 months ... wish it was tomorrow. :) Another song that will be played later will be "Moondance". Love that song.

I'm trying to find a song for the father/daughter dance. I lost my father 2 years ago so I will be dancing with my grandfather at first and then one of my uncles. I'd like to find one that honors my father, though. He was the best. Any ideas? The best choice I have so far is "In My Life" by the Beatles. I also like "In This Life" by IZ - a very special song to my dad, but I'd probably be a pool of tears. :o

Jlo good music
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Jlo good music
    I'm such an emotional thing right now - teared up just writing that. Still, I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    I'm such an emotional thing right now - teared up just writing that. Still, I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face.

Well we all have tose moments. We'll cry with you.. Anytime:)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 12:17 AM

Jlo,do you know the song,'dance with my father again' not sure of the title,luther vandross (sp).. and also butterfly kisses..

A good father/ daughter dance song.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    Jlo,do you know the song,'dance with my father again' not sure of the title,luther vandross (sp)..and also butterfly kisses..

a good father/ daughter dance song.

I love "Dance With My Father Again" and "Butterfly Kisses"... :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    Jlo,do you know the song,'dance with my father again' not sure of the title,luther vandross (sp)..and also butterfly kisses..

a good father/ daughter dance song.
    Red, thanks for those songs. I just listened to both, and I'm going to have John listen to them. They both remind me of my dad - I was such a daddy's girl. How close do you think the stories should be? As you know my mom passed away 2 years ago also, so that part of the song (hearing her crying for him and his coming back to dance with her) isn't right... but the rest is so right.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 01:13 AM

It's a hard song when it hits so close to the heart,perhaps a better choice for a night in reminiscing.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 10:02 AM

YouTube - ‪Tim Mcgraw - My Little Girl‬‎ - 113k
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 5, 2010, 10:11 AM

Here's another of our favourites

Without You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have you seen a silver pendant with "A star danced, and under that was I born" on it? [ 1 Answers ]

This necklace was in a cardboard gift box at a store like Kohls or possibly JC Penneys. It was sterling silver, and I believe the pendant was round. A circle in the middle was black with a silver star (or two or three). There are a few companies making this kind of thing - "gift jewelry" for the...

Significant digit [ 12 Answers ]

88.375/1264.7= 234.6+89x6.8= 471-22.85= calculate all questions to the correct significant digit

Significant digit [ 2 Answers ]

3.5x10+3 --------- = 1.226x10-7 ------=divide calculate to the correct significant digit

Significant figures [ 5 Answers ]

In significant figures how is last digit of measiremsnt usually determinde

View more questions Search