Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwisehart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Wedding gifts
    My granddaughter is getting married in Lincoln Nebraska but she lives in Oceanside California, my question is about gifts, they are flying to Nebraska to getting gifts home could become a problem.
    She said she wanted to put no gifts on the invitations because of this and I was wanting to know if there was another option. They are starting like all other young couples and the gifts would be a good help. I know you can't say cash gifts only but that would be the best thing to do. I need ideas as what is proper
    joesam Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Rather than ask for money only, how about if you just say, due to traveling, please make gifts in the form of gift certificates or as store credit where they are registered. Or they can always be shipped to them before or they can ship them home themselves.
    Kiwigal Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Feb 25, 2008, 08:45 AM
    I don't see any problem with it. I recently received a wedding invitation from a couple who are in a similar situation. They live in the UK but are coming here to New Zealand to get married (where her family lives).

They requested cash gifts and explained that it was so that they could purchase the items they need on their return to the UK (shipping gifts would have been expensive, and an unneeded expense). I certainly wasn't offended in any way by the invation and the request for cash gifts only, and it makes good sense.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 11:28 AM
    We typically send wedding gifts to the bride's home address, as opposed to bringing them to the reception. It's obviously much easier for all concerned, and allows the bride to get a head start on her thank you notes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts [ 2 Answers ]

Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?

No gifts at wedding [ 2 Answers ]

How do I nicely write no gifts but money or gift cards because this is both of our second marriage and we have lived together for three years:confused:

Wedding Gifts [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to a wedding. Our nephew is marrying a girl from a very wealthy family. While visiting with a cousin, someone mentioned that it is proper wedding ettiquette to give a wedding gift that matches the price per plate at a wedding reception. The cost per plate at...

View more questions Search