Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chriscoe02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 09:19 AM
    What kinds of question's wolud an psychiatrist ask?
    What kind of question would a psychiatrist ask?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 09:22 AM

Wouldn't it depend on why the person was being treated by a Psychiatrist?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 09:29 AM

I haven't seen one but would guess from Television:
    Is the couch comfortable?
    What does this Ink Spot look like?
    And how about this one?
    Do you hate your Mother, Father?
    Will you be Using Visa, Mastercard?
    People likely? Possibly? Might say what they think the doctor wants to hear, not what is actually true?
    I don't know this is a test that can be studied for.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 09:31 AM

You left out (I used to date a Psychiatrist) - "You do realize that I charge by the hour but my hour is actually 45 minutes, right?"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 12:11 AM
    Hi, chriscoe02!

Ask about what, please?

Thanks!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 12, 2010, 11:00 AM

He/she would ask if your were comfortable, start with very general questions, and then ask why/what brought you to him/her and what do you think he/she can do to help you.

I like Judy's answer about the 45 minute hour.

You should also be thinking of the questions you would ask the psychiatrist - how long he/she has been in practice, the educational background, training, expertise (such as anxiety disorders or behavioral disorders, etc), etc.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2010, 11:45 AM

In my case he would ask, "Why haven't you been here before? No! You are not "America's Next Top Model".:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2010, 12:17 PM

Besides the most important question, how are you going to be paying for today's appointment.

But it is not as much what they ask, as what the problem is, why are you going, you may be asked to make lists off various things, then discuss the lists at another meeting.
    They will ask you what problem you are coming to see them about, and have you tell them about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I see a psychiatrist [ 11 Answers ]

I am not very familiar with psychological disorders, and I feel like I am a normal person, but I also feel like I know a lot of people who go to psychiatrists that seem to be normal as well. I am now 25 years old, 3 years out of school and I am living my dream job and being very successful at it....

What it's like when your love one sees a psychiatrist? [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend of over 2 years is starting to see a psychiatrist. I'm glad he's going to get help hopefully, but also a little worried or at least curious how it's going to affect him, and me, our relationship. Will they discuss our relationship there? I feel a bit of strange about that. I'm maybe...

Interview a psychiatrist [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am writing a research paper for school and need to interview a psychiatrist. The interview will consist of no more than ten questions. I would like to ask a few general questions about the field and more specific questions about disorders. Would a psychiatrist be willing to help out a...

Seeing a psychiatrist [ 1 Answers ]

Can people from England see a psychiatrist for free? Maybe after a GP recommends it. Is this service part of the NHS or private sector?

View more questions Search