Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baddew Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Heater Shuts off Before Reaching Set Temperature
    I have a goodman a/c with electric heat strip (10kw) and vey recently it stated to turn off before reaching the set temperature. After a few minutes it will restart and run for a couple of minutes and then shut down again without reaching the setpoint. It always stops at 66 on the white rogers programmable thermostat. New filter and unit is very clean and only about 5/6 yrs old, any ideas, thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 10:29 AM
    It could be the thermostat more than likely

OR

It could be a defective sequencer or heating element safety in the furnace Less likely

Post the EXACT model number of your thermostat and I will try and look it up to see if there is a possibility of a problem.

Oct 31, 2008, 07:34 AM
    The only number that I can find is directly under the W/R address on inside of cover and it say type 1F80-51. It has batteries which I changed twice but still maybe run 1-2 minutes off 4-6 minutes and recycle over and over but never reaching setpoint. Last year it did reach the setpoint or go maybe a degree over before shutdown so don't think its just a degree variance. Also if I turn it up it stays at the same temp; 66-68, 66-69, 66-70, etc

Oct 31, 2008, 08:06 AM

Could I replace this 1f80-51 with any of these mdls... 1f80-361 or 1f78-151 or 1f97-1277 and which would be the best, thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 31, 2008, 12:23 PM
    From White Rodgers

1F80-51 is an obsolete model number. Click on the model number for homeowner's manual and other information.

See here for info on your old thermostat

White-Rodgers - Thermostats, digital programmable, non-programmable, mechanical thermostat

ronald7281 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 08:00 PM
    I had a Clare furnace that had the same problem. Turned out the drain for the heat exchanger was clogged

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater runs and then shuts off before desired temperature achieved [ 9 Answers ]

I recently installed two new programmable thermostats in my house, one for the upstairs unit, one for the downstairs unit. The upstairs functions great. It's a bit different on the first floor... I programmed the unit to keep the heat at 62 during the night and bring it up to 68 at 6am. The...

Furnace shuts off before reaching thermostat setting [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Clare furnace model CHU 072 NH3A that runs for three minutes then shuts down for five minutes then restarts again. It has a primary limit switch and a burner limit switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Water heater shuts off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a state select water heater that the igniter shuts off and takes a while to start back up is there a special way to get it started?

Heater doesn't reach temperature set on thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I've found that although our programmable thermostat is set at 68 degrees the heat only seems to come on when the house gets to 62 degress and then shuts off when it gets to 66 degrees. Is this a problem with the thermostat or the heater? We have just moved into this house and the heater is new but...

Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.

View more questions Search