Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hope for the best Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed
    I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have the right to hold us to this contract? Who would be the rightful owner to the mobile home?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Where you are at, the age of the mobile home all go into it. In many places a mobile home is just like a car, it has a title and you pay personal property tax on it, just like a car. So who ever holds that title owns it,

The seller needs to clear up the title issue prior to you buying it.

Next most contracts for deed can not force you to keep the contract, most allow you to back out anytime, merely you loose what you have paid into it, since it converts to a rental situation.

The rightful owner of the mobile home is the person who has the title to it, no one else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Title on Mobile Home [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The management of my trailer park wants to give away 4-5 older mobile homes that have been abandoned and that there are no titles for. How complicated is it going to be for me to get the titles so I can fix them up and rent them out? I live in Colorado. Thanks ahead of time for any...

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Mobile home title [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I paid off my trailer years ago.I went to get insurance on it and found out there's a lien on it,the finance company is no longer in business.How do I go about getting this lien off so I can get insurance?

Mobile home title [ 4 Answers ]

My husband was given a mobile home for payment of services and was given power of attorney over it. Eight years later... we are currently living and renovating it and I was wondering how we get a clear title for it?

How to transfer home title/deed and morgae payments in Alabama? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking at a home in which the owners want to have me assume the payments and assume ownership of said home. Is this possiable and how much will it cost me to do this? The property is a home with purchase of 1 acre of land in Alabama.

View more questions Search