Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hooba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 01:43 AM
    How can we manage the waste coming from laundries especially hospitals laundries
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 03:48 AM

It goes into the sewers and to the waste treatment plant the same as anything else. How else could be managed. Contaminated sheets, etc. go to the incinerator at the hospital.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 13, 2011, 06:05 AM
    Chlorine (bleach) waste management is a huge problem, being addressed. I think the forest product industry (paper, etc) is the biggest user of fresh water (trillions of gallons/yr) and the biggest dumper of chlorine in waste water. Other pollutants too, from both that industry and laundries (detergent ingredients) are dumped into rivers as well as city sewers going to processing plants. Closed loop systems are being built that extract the pollutants before waste water is released, as well as alternatives to bleach.

A large hospital near me closed their laundry building a few years ago, and contract the work out. I imagine more of that will be happening as specialized equipment is designed to handle huge volumes of contaminated water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has there been information posted on web about hole saws, theft, coin laundries? [ 7 Answers ]

Own coin laundry business. Having recent rash of robberies of laundry equipment involving the use of a hole saw, a shop vac, and the meters on my equipment. Had this one other time years ago. Arrest was made and never had problem again until this month. Was wondering if some new "how to"...

Human waste coming from outside drain help [ 4 Answers ]

Drain outside back of house blocked when shower runs drain fills and smells and what can only be described as poo!! Come up (is this normal when blocked) and any tips to unblock please help!

Mental hospitals. [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any certain sources on the internet, with information about hospitals for depression recovery or mental health? What do you have to do, or what state do you have to be in to be admitted to a mental hospital?

Connecting second floor waste to main waste stack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have new new modular cape that had the first floor plumbing complete, and the second floor stubbed, and want to know the right way to connect the second floor waste drain which was installed in the house, to the main waste drain. The main waste drain comes up verically from the basement floor...

Loud Bangs Coming from PVC waste pipe and Hot Water Copper Line [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had a crack and leak in our PVC waste pipe just behind our family room wall close to the first story floor. The plumber opened up the drywall and cut out the cracked portion (2 feet) which exended from just behind the family room wall down to the basement and replaced it with a new...

View more questions Search