Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zeydeshef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Temperature increases even after reaching programmed temperature
    I have a NOMA thermostat (model 52-2558-8). After reaching the programmed temperature, the furnace stays on without shutting down (8 degrees before I manually shut it off). Is this a thermostat issue or a furnace problem?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Does it shut itself off at or after the 8 degrees,, try setting the programmed setting 8 degrees less, see what happens
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Nov 9, 2009, 08:17 PM

Check the wiring between the thermostat and the furnace. Both ends. That is the most common source of that type of problem. Maybe someone didn't follow common color codes, or terminals are not designated the same, or the furnace control is bad, or... Lots of things to check. Just eliminate one at a time.

EPM
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 12:14 AM

Turn off furnace. Remove the W thermostat wire at the furnace. Turn on power. Furnace should stay off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater Shuts off Before Reaching Set Temperature [ 5 Answers ]

I have a goodman a/c with electric heat strip (10kw) and vey recently it stated to turn off before reaching the set temperature. After a few minutes it will restart and run for a couple of minutes and then shut down again without reaching the setpoint. It always stops at 66 on the white rogers...

What is the new value of the temperature? [ 1 Answers ]

A balloon having an initial temperature of 16.4°C is heated so that the volume doubles while the pressure is kept fixed. What is the new value of the temperature?

Furnace not reaching set temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Similar problem Chickendoc has. The pemperature lebel shown in the thermostat is 67 while the setting is 72 when it stops. The furnace run short period of times. Some times it re-starts a few times stopping/re-starting succesively at same period of times. Finally, it gives up. What we are doing is...

Outside Temperature and Indoor Water Temperature [ 1 Answers ]

I just have a general plumbing question. I live in a 4 year old luxury apartment building downtown and we have had an issue with our water temperature for the past month. (there is no cold/cool water... it is all hot - out of all the faucets). The building management is trying to say that this is...

View more questions Search