Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdejohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 11:11 AM
    Fighting for a dismissal of child custody.
    Ex denied paternity of son. Did NOT want to meet son until he was 4 yrs old.Sporadic visits for 1 1/2 years. I filed to increase child support. Ex filed for full custody of son. Judge denied pending social study of both homes ( represented myself). Social study in process. Ex moved to Ga from Tx (3rd ex wife emailed me, she has 2 kids w/him-18 and 19 yrs) Have not heard from Ex for 1 yr. no calls,letters, emails. Do not know his address, just email address. Called legal aid. Backlog of cases. What can I do?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdejohn View Post
    Ex denied paternity of son. Did NOT want to meet son until he was 4 yrs old.Sporadic visits for 1 1/2 years. I filed to increase child support. Ex filed for full custody of son. Judge denied pending social study of both homes ( represented myself). Social study in process. Ex moved to Ga from Tx (3rd ex wife emailed me, she has 2 kids w/him-18 and 19 yrs) Have not heard from Ex for 1 yr. no calls,letters, emails. Do not know his address, just email address. called legal aid. backlog of cases. What can I do?
    Your post is very cluttered and all over the place so I'll try to answer this to the best of my ability. First, we'll need some questions answered:

Where are you located?
    Where is the court case located?
    What are your ex's grounds for requesting the custody change?
    Does your ex have an attorney?

Your final question was, "What can I do?" What can you do about what? I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to dismiss his motion for custody change? Then you would file a motion to dismiss his motion and the judge will either approve or deny it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2011, 09:08 AM

Agreed your post is not clear.

It sounds like the court action to increase support and change custody was first started over a year ago. Was the social study ever completed and submitted to the court?

I would submit a motion to the court to dismiss the custody action and rule on the support action. Once the support action is completed, you can try to get help from your local support collection agency to track him down.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdejohn View Post
    ... Do not know his address, just email address. ...
    If a court case for custody and support is pending, and if the ex has appeared in that case, there will be an address on file for him. Anything you file in court can be sent to that address.

If the motions (your motion to increase child support and his motion for custody) are pending, and if you have filed the appropriate responses, there is nothing you need to do. If the court seems to have forgotten about it, you can request a hearing.
    rdejohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 10:24 AM
    I tried to write a brief synopsis. I have primary care of my son. He has visitation rights-which he never exercised for did not meet his son until he was almost 5. Physical and court case location is TX. His grounds were that I was being investigated for neglect by CPS. I allowed my son to spend christmas holiday with him. A couple of days in to the holiday, CPS visited my home and informed me of allegation. I cooperated fully. CPS found allegation unfounded and closed case-in fact, the caseworker told me that they were not supposed to tell me who called in the complaint but she did anyway-it was him! He created that situation so that he could legally retain my son with him. He was to return son to me on a Friday. I got served on Monday. As I stated, Judge denied his motion pending a social study and ruled that my son was to be returned to me and he was. Social study was not completed because he moved out of State.It has been a year and we have not heard from him, which suits me just fine. I want this case to go away. I believe that me filing for an increase in child support motivated him to file for full custody for a kid that he has only seen a dozen times ( my son is now 8 years old)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2011, 11:51 AM

OK, that makes it clearer, but doesn't change our answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child custody case dismissal, [ 4 Answers ]

My question is I had opened a child custody case in a different county a week before mediation I mailed a request for my case to be dismissed. I called the judges clerk yesterday and she stated the case is still open because me living 200 miles away is not sufficient information for the case to be...

Grandparent fighting for Custody [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 and is negligent in the care of her 9 month old. She has become obsessed with her boyfriend and is not thinking clearly. She recently "loaned" her child to him for a week while she stayed at home. She did not know where he was, just somewhere in Virginia, I live in Maryland, PG...

Fighting for sole physical and legal custody? [ 5 Answers ]

Pregnant single unemployed. Possible custoday and child support battle with the ex. Curious if giving the child the fatherrs last name or having him on the birth certificate, or not having him on the birth certificate, will this hurt my chances of being granted sole legal and/or physical custody....

Father fighting for custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I just stumbled across this site and read a question from another father in a similar situation. I have been divorced for 2 years and I have shared custody of my daughter. This means absolutely nothing to my ex wife considering she takes...

Fighting for custody [ 3 Answers ]

How can I fight for sole custody of my 4 year old if I can't prove the father is unfit?

View more questions Search