Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paris27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 08:26 AM
    visits
    I have a court order in place for my ex to see our four year old daughter.but recently she has been saying she don't want to go and stay with him and getting very upset when he arrives.where do I stand on stopping her going?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paris27 View Post
    i have a court order in place for my ex to see our four year old daughter.but recently she has been saying she dont want to go and stay with him and getting very upset when he arrives.where do i stand on stopping her going?
    First, please don't piggyback your question onto someone else's. It makes it harder for us to find & answer your question, not to mention that the original question doesn't seem to apply to your situation.

Second, where are you located? As noted earlier, laws vary by region. We cannot properly advise you if we don't know where you're located.

Third, if there is a court order then you need to follow it. Interfering with custody can lead to you being found in contempt of court. What reason does your daughter have for not wanting to go to her father's? Is it a legitimate concern or just her being a typical toddler?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2011, 08:59 AM

Not sure where my other answer went ?

But is there anything you know is causing this change ?
    Do you say anything negative about him, do you fuss or give the child any doubt about going on the visit.

You will have to take him back to court and prove there is a danger for her to go, or you will need to send the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It only visits once in a while, am I haunted [ 3 Answers ]

During September is when it was really bad, with the... seeing fulll bodied figure of a person, black shadow, but I could make out the hair. And, the fuzzy shadowy figures... But, during October, is where I got pushed against the wall, while laying on the bed alone. And rubbed against my back...

Deny visits. [ 7 Answers ]

Only question I have is. Custody has been filled and starting the process, Am I allowd to deny my little guys mom visitation due to her being a flight risk. She might take him and disapeer. She usually has him but I'm thinking of when I get him this weekend to keep him until the court day. ...

View more questions Search