Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tom Harlan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 05:31 AM
    Maytag Gas Dryer LDG8414AAE
    I have a Maytag Gas Dryer Model LDG8414AAE - I don't know the age.. . Maybe 8-10 years old.

It just stopped heating (tumbles fine, no noises, good air flow). It is not overused or abused. Where do I begin to check this baby out?
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Nov 1, 2006, 07:10 PM
    Three things to check on that.

The most common is the igniter. Normally there is a small crack on it that can be seen. Check for 110v where it plugs in.

The high limit sets on the canister that the flames go through. It's a small round disk with 2 wires going to it. Easy way to test is to jump the 2 wires and see if the drier works. If its bad then replace it for safety reasons and make sure the venting is clear.

If the igniter is glowing and the gas valve never turns on then its probably the sensor that sets next to the igniter
    chriskennedy79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kender View Post
    Three things to check on that.

The most common is the igniter. normally there is a small crack on it that can be seen. check for 110v where it plugs in.

The high limit sets on the canister that the flames go through. Its a small round disk with 2 wires going to it. Easy way to test is to jump the 2 wires and see if the drier works. If its bad then replace it for safety reasons and make sure the venting is clear.

if the igniter is glowing and the gas valve never turns on then its probably the sensor that sets next to the igniter
    I have the same issue that this guy is having. I took off the front panel and cleaned everything up. Then turned on the dryer and let it sit for 45 seconds to 1 minute. The igniter comes on, burner kicks in and flame is on for about 10 seconds and then it goes out. It sits for another 30 seconds and starts the cycle over again. To me that sounds like it's working but it's just not drying the clothes anymore. Could it be that that flame isn't staying on long enough? I did run a continuity check on the sensor and it checks out. Are you saying to jump the purple and red wires (2 going to the sensor) and then see how long the flame stays on? What should the results be?
    chriskennedy79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 07:15 PM

Also, mine is the same model number as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer [ 8 Answers ]

My maytag dryer won't start

Maytag Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag Dryer model MDE2600 AYW that has started squeaking ( high pitched ) when we run a load of clothes. DOes anyone know if this is a belt or roller? Is it a hard repair? Thanks

Squeaky Maytag Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I know someone has asked about a squeaky Frigidaire dryer before and although mine is a different make the problem is the same as a previous question: My Maytag dryer makes a horrendous squeaking noise for the first 1 or 2 minutes and then stops. What could be causing this and how do I repair it?...

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

View more questions Search