Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Heat & Air Fan will not turn off
    I have a Maple Chase thermostate about 10 years old. When I turned the air conditioning off the fan is still running and will not turn off.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Is the tstat set on fan or auto,, if its on fan it will run and run and run,, till you either turn it off or set it on auto
    sherric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 07:36 AM
    The fan is set to auto and it is still running.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Sounds lioke the relay is stuck closed and needs replace. Sometimes you can tap on it to free it for a short term but still needs to be replaced

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help heat won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

My wife had our ac set on 78, well it has gotten pretty cold here lately so today while I was gone she turned the heat on. Now 6 hours later I had to turn off the power for it on the breaker to get the heat to turn off. The furnace was set on 73, but when I got home the thermostat was sitting at...

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

Heat Pump blower, and heat, won't turn off- not contr. Bd. [ 0 Answers ]

I've read about blowers (heat pump) that won't shut off, no matter what done to thermostat, and the cause typically being a faulty control board, and/or fan relay on contl. Board. I replaced board, as tech removed green wire to demonstrate it's fault (didn't turn blower off), but tried a brand new...

Help... The heat won't turn off! [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one could help before I dish out $$ to fix it. I'm hoping its something hubby can fix. We have to thermostats (1up stairs and 1 down). 1 AC unit. The heat is working just fine downstairs. Problem: The upstairs heat won't turn off. I turned the thermostate off. I...

View more questions Search