Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    68sting Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 04:24 PM
    I need a new furnace fan
    I have a Lenox Merit series (G40H-60C-110-03). The fan is loud and I wondered if they make a quiter unit.

Thanks
    Lance
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Fan or motor? Could be the bearings are bad in the motor
    68sting Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Not sure what makes all the noise the motor or the fan. It's not a mechanical failure just noisier than I would like it to be. I thought they might have an upgrade to a quiter unit.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 06:23 PM
    I thought they might have an upgrade to a quieter unit.

They usually make no quiet upgrade. You can slow the fan down and it will be less noisy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a furnace thermostat to manually operate the furnace fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have two wires connected to my furnace thermostat. There is a place labeled G on the thermostat. Can I simply run a wire from the G terminal on my thermostat to the terminal labeled G on my furnace fan relay to operate the fan separately?

York Stellar Furnace Heating up Furnace Room to 110 Degress? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York Stellar Furnace in my newly purchased house. Furnace is 15 years old. Furnace is releasing hot air from front grills and heats up furnace room to 110 Degrees. I had a Bryant Furnace in another house and this never happened. All plenams and ducts are taped and sealed so the heat is...

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Furnace not heating the house. Damper on the furnace not opening. Motor then shuts. [ 4 Answers ]

My forced-air furnace is not working correctly. The gas works heating the air in the furnace, but When the motor starts the damper doesn't open and the Motor shut down. I need suggestions?:mad:

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search