Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronnie a Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 09:24 PM
    System want take a charge
    Why my air condition unit want take no refrigerant(freon)
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 02:49 PM
    If you are not EPA certified, You are not to be adding any freon. If you are certified, you would know the answer as to why it won't take a charge. Sorry to be so blunt but this is just the way it is. No one on this site will inform as to how to do something unethical
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Very true. There is a reason we are licensed.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 04:22 PM
    :) :) maybe its full:) :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
    :( now that's not being nice wmproop :( :(

Now say you`re sorry
    ronnie a Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 08:12 PM
    There was a restriction in my hoses.Its hard for a man who just came out of school to get some help from the know it alls,who were born with a set of gauges and a drum of refrigerant
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Sep 15, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie a
    <snip> Its hard for a man who just came out of school to get some help from the know it alls, <snip>
    The "know-it-alls here" had reason to answer the way they did. Your question had all the marks of someone who had very little knowledge of working on refrigeration systems. Please be more descriptive when asking questions and we will be more helpful. Some of these contributors know a lot but can't read minds. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
    <snip> Its hard for a man who just came out of school to get some help from the know it alls, <snip>

1.ac drier
    How do I no when my drier is bad
    2.freezing up
    Why is my coils in the attic freezing up ithought it only freeze up outside.what can I do to fix it
    3.system want take a charge
    Why my air condition unit want take no refrigerant(freon)

(what kind of school did you just get out of? All these questions should have been addressed) if it was HVAC school
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 03:11 PM
    All of these guys are right, right, right. But, if you did just get out of refrigeration and air conditioning, or hvac school, and do have your license, then I understand it can be difficult to make the change from books and little hands on time to The Real World of ac. I don't know what your situation is. You can't just go to school and start your own business. I recommend trying to get on with a good A/C outfit and learn more from guys that have been there, done that. It's a good trade, but there's more to it than reading some books. Don't let our responses stop you from using this site. There are good people here, most of whom are just trying to uphold a level of professionalism.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 1 Answers ]

When considering converting from forced hot air to baseboard heat, is it possible to just add piping / water boiler / baseboards and do nothing with the forced hot air system (use it for AC) ?

Transferring Brinks Alarm System to Non-Monitored System [ 5 Answers ]

I understand that when you cancel your Brinks-monitored security system that they come and remove their equipment (which you apparently don't own) or you can buy all their equipment for $500. The equipment removal exposes unpainted walls and previously-covered holes. Is it possible to install a...

Smoke extract system & staircase press. System [ 2 Answers ]

I am working for a 35 storey tower. There are smoke extract and staircase/lift lobby pressurisation system in case of fire. Now consultant has already given the CFM required for these Fans, but I have to submit the calculations for the same to the Local Govt. authority. So please help me if...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search