Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2016, 04:55 PM
    Confused about possible friend
    I am an active senior and like to do many things, volunteer, out to dinner/lunch with friends, movies, art festivals, etc.
    I also walk for health reasons and last year I met a lady walking a small, cute dog and we got talking. Thereafter, we found out we liked the same movies and went to a few... but sometime after that she kept finding excuses not to go. When I walk with her (once a week), I bring her info on activities all over our area which are fun; thinking she may be interested.
    I even attend a University one day a week and asked the Instructor if he would allow her to visit one day for free. I told her about this two months prior. She kept saying she would reply to the instructor and let me know. I was doing this for HER to see if she would like to join also. She kept me hanging about this until a day prior... then told me some excuse about she "could not go". Everything I suggest to her she takes the info and never does anything about it. I have other friends, but I can't understand this person very well. It appears to me she does not want to do anything except "walk her dog". She seems to have a life revolving around her pet. I love the little dog too, but life is short and so many lovely things to get involved in... I wanted to show her but she does not seem at all interested. This person was a teacher at one time. I love going out to dine and do not really care nor am concerned about what I spend. She does not want to spend 2 cents and I know she could.
    What does this look like to you. Also, she never calls me I am always the one who calls her, although rarely.
    Please advise. Thanks very much. A Miami, Fl. Resident.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2016, 04:58 PM
    She doesn't appear to be interested in you. You should not be so assertive with her. Could be she finds you too forward.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2016, 05:31 PM
    A pet is often treated and loved the same way children are. And this is often esp true with many seniors. I would say you are being pushy, esp with the college class thing, telling her in advance and so on.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 28, 2016, 05:32 PM
    You do sound like you expect her to like what you like, and don't understand when she doesn't. This sounds like a friendship that isn't going to happen.
    I for one do not like to spend money on restaurants more than about 3 times a year, even though I can afford to. I could go on and on about differences. They are what they are. No right or wrong.

She may be someone who doesn't like confrontation when she isn't interested in the information you give her.
    I would suggest trying to go at least 2 months just saying hi and seeing what happens.
    (And you don't have to love her dog...)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 28, 2016, 09:54 PM
    For whatever reason that only she knows, she doesn't like your suggestions. Maybe she isn't that into you, or what you suggest, but why be confused when you can ask directly about this whole thing.

My guess is she is quite content with the way things are, and wants no changes to the occasional walks, and dinners routine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am confused about my best friend. [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have a best friend her name is A. Ok well I am kind of go on with this problem it all started when she first came and we first met. I had always thought she was really pretty. We had a little hello introduction and then that was it. It was later that day she had gotten my number from one of...

Confused about my friend [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: can some one please give me advice on how to help my friend who might be taking drugs and also how to stop him from drinking. He is only 13 and is throwing his life away:confused:

CONFUSED? What should I do be a best friend or a good friend? [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do?? My friend met this guy not too long ago and he seems to like her very much and she used to also. This guy became one of my good friends. And she is planning to break up with him. I don't want her to I meen they seem to be getting along just fine why should they go throw it all...

Confused about friend [ 4 Answers ]

I have been friends with this guy for many years, but a few years ago we started confiding in each other about personal issues and I started to develop very strong feelings for him. I sometimes thought he felt the same. A year ago he told me he loved me and I told him that I loved him. We have...

Friend confused [ 7 Answers ]

Well I am already pregnant but this is not about me its to help my friend she doesn't have internet so I told her id post her problem up here because this site has helped me a whole out when I started pregnancy... Well my friend last month in the middle of the month had brownish pinkish discharge...

View more questions Search