Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brown4217 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2011, 09:35 PM
    Want to get custody of my sisters
    I want to get custody to my little sisters but I don't have enough room in my litle place to get them. I have 3 girls of my own and I was wondering will DCFS will give me get a bigger place to get custody of my sisters. Now my sister r staying with my aunt who is not treating them well AT ALL and before I to further I wanted to know. Like they Can me? now my aunt is there legal guardian and they be with her For 6 years and basically I need help like in all areas.. who Can I talk to.. who do I call.. what steps I need to take... and FYI I've called many workers And they say the case was sensitive... SO I don't know what to do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2011, 05:03 AM

It is unlikely DCFS will remove them from their current guardian unless you can prove abuse. They will also not "give" you a bigger place. They may help you find a larger place if they decide to place the children with you, but that's a longshot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want custody of my 14 year old sisters [ 0 Answers ]

When I was ten my sisters and I were adopted by our grandparents. They were good parents, but now they're getting older - into their 80s. My grandfather recently had a heart attack and my grandmother has had two strokes in the last couple of years. They aren't able to be involved in the girls lives...

How to get custody of my minor sisters in wi [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 23 year old I'm married with 2 kids stable housing and work. My mom is having an affair and my dad will be seeking a divorce. My mom has not worked in 10+ years and has nowhere to go and no way to care for my sisters. My dad is more stable but works very long hours and has a drinking problem,...

Why do sisters argue about sisters husbands [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how to ask this question or what result will come out of it, but my wife Martha and I have been together for 7 yrs and recently got married. Since Ive been with this new familiy it always seems that ONE of her sisters is always talking ugly, negative about me. She calls me the scum of...

My sisters [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have two sisters the same age as me (15) a few years ago they both tried to kill themselves, now this year one of them tried again. They are both adopted (twins) so that might have something to do with it. I was just wondering do you reckon it'll pass, maybe its just them trying to be...

Fighting dss for custody of my sisters children [ 1 Answers ]

DSS took my sister children, she did not want to lose custody of them but that is what has happened. My wife and I told her that we would take her children into our home so that they would be able to stay in the family. She waited because she was going to do the programs that they had asked her...

View more questions Search