Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Jul 18, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Chronic pain anyone
    I deal with chronic pain in my back and hips and it gets really bad right before my period. Does anyone else have this problem and any ideas on what to do to help with the chronic pain. I am thinking that maybe I should see if I can get my meds changed but I am only 28 and hate the idea of being on severely strong pain meds like oxcontin right now I take Lortab 10 and Percocet 10 for when it is really really mad but there are times that that doesn't help. Any ideas or thoughts please give your opinion:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Has your doctor ever tried a combo of Lortab and Valium? The combo seems to work very well with chronic pain/cramps/muscle spasms, etc.

Jul 18, 2008, 07:33 PM
    No I haven't I go see him on the 29th and I am going to talk to him about doing something different because this is not working Baclofen, Lortab, and percocet is what he has me on
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by k1j14mom
    I deal with chronic pain in my back and hips and it gets really bad right before my period. does anyone else have this problem and any ideas on what to do to help with the chronic pain. I am thinking that maybe I should see if I can get my meds changed but I am only 28 and hate the idea of being on severely strong pain meds like oxcontin right now I take Lortab 10 and Percocet 10 for when it is really really mad but there are times that that doesn't help. any ideas or thoughts please give your opinion:confused:
    Hi ki... I can sympathize with backpain being a sufferer myself.

Have you been diagnosed with a medical problem concerning your back and hips ?
    Have you had exrays to deterr if there is a procedure that might correct your problem?
    Perhaps there is nothing that can be done which is why your being perscribed pain killers... like myself.

Have you tried other options... Chiropractor or Osteopathe? From personal experience I have to say they are brilliant, OK you have to pay quite a bit which is why I can't afford to go now, but the Chiropractor I went to, I couldn't fault, at the time, I was in sheer agony, couldn't move, after an hour or so I had very minimum pain and at least I could move.

If you can please try it, you have to give it a few sessions before everything eventually starts to feel normal again, it's well worth it.

I take Naproxan 500mgs, which is basically an anti-inflamitory drug, doesn't cure the pain but numbs it a bit ,better than nothing.. perhaps when you see your Doctor again you might suggest this medication to him, see what he says, you can also go to a pharmacists explain your pain ,how severe it is, they should be able to recommend an alternative pain killer to the one you have which obviously isn't working.

Warmth can also be very effective, I know this is old fashioned, but it does work.

Fill up a big hot water bottle, make sure the tops on correctly, wrap it in something soft so's it doesn't burn your skin, lay down and place it on the offending part, if you have to walk around wear a pair of trousers so that the hot water bottle can be held by the waist band and wear it while your doing what ever, give it time it is very comforting

I hope your pain will ease soon.
    tmcgregor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by k1j14mom
    I deal with chronic pain in my back and hips and it gets really bad right before my period. does anyone else have this problem and any ideas on what to do to help with the chronic pain. I am thinking that maybe I should see if I can get my meds changed but I am only 28 and hate the idea of being on severely strong pain meds like oxcontin right now I take Lortab 10 and Percocet 10 for when it is really really mad but there are times that that doesn't help. any ideas or thoughts please give your opinion:confused:
    I would try accupuncture, if you could find someone that was taught in China or is Chinese. The accupuncture will not only help you but they have some herbs that can be taken that helps pms symptoms and pain.

Jul 22, 2008, 08:38 PM
    I can't afford stuff like that I would love to go to the chiro but my insurance doesn't cover them and I don't have the extra money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronic shoulder pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 28 years old man.I had a sharp stabbing spasm pain in my left shoulder since 23 then this pain replace in my right shoulder 2 years ago and pain in my left shoulder change to a dull pain.my sharp pain usually start in evening and more bad in midnight.stabbing pain emerge with inhalation and...

Chronic pain and depression [ 5 Answers ]

I suffer from chronic pain depression. It seems to be getting worse as I age. I am on all kinds of meds... but nothing seems to help me. I don't know where to turn for relief. Does anyone have any suggestions.:(

Chronic left shoulder pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dealing with chronic upper shoulder pain for quite some time now. I have IBS with Constipation, and my shoulder pain flares up when my IBS flares up. The only thing that concerns me is that the pain in my shoulder never really goes away. It will subside, but I'll still feel it. My...

Difference between chronic pain and fibromyalgia [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one could help? What is the difference between chronic pain syndrome and fibromyalgia? My doctor says I have chronic pain syndrome and I was just wondering what the difference is because I have a lot of the symptoms that are on the fibro... site

Chronic PAIN! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've had chronic pain that begain in my arms and shoulders it was horrific pain. Later I had what felt like pressure in my lower right side back. Well this turned into stabbing ungodly pain that had me shaking it was soooooooo bad. I WAS BED RIDDEN FOR 2YRS with pain in my back that felt like I...

View more questions Search